Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

ensuring that food is suitable for human consumption

windowrushwindowrush
posted 4 months 1 week ago
We all know that it is important to maintain Food safety during processing, packaging, storage, logistics sale, and use. In spite having a Food Safety Modernization Act, Food recalls caused by cross-contamination are making the headlines recently and manufacturers are held accountable. What do you think should be done to ensure the safety of the end product as well as the consumers?

sugarnspicesugarnspice
posted 4 months 1 week ago
I agree! I saw this article the other day that really got me concerned. My kids love mac n cheese and to see this article was horrifying. How many times a week do my kids eat mac n cheese and to think that this is what is in them?!?!?!

Here is an excerpt from the article:

The chemicals, called phthalates, can disrupt male hormones like testosterone and have been linked to genital birth defects ... Now a new study of 30 cheese products has detected phthalates in all but one of the samples tested, with the highest concentration found in highly processed cheese powder in boxed mac n' cheese ...

windowrushwindowrush
posted 3 months 4 weeks ago
Thank you for the reply and the source you have provided. I am also reading some blogs about food safety management. I am thinking if automating the procedures with the use of a software will really considering how much physical labor is required in the food business. Does anyone successfully used it as well?

publicmappublicmap
posted 3 months 3 weeks ago
I don't think things are that bad. I think it has to do with the media. They are giving so much attention to something small. Usually the more you hear about something the more you believe it. I think that food contamination happens rarely. Whenever it happens though, the media will be there, because theres nothing else to write about. I don't understand the average human. We care so much that our food might be a little different than what we are used to, and we dont give a damn about children dying all over the world. Stop being pussies! Honestly it sucks. Nothing personal against you good people who commented here. It's just that I am super frustrated with the fact that people care so much about such small things. Anyways, this is just my opinion! It might be wrong, but I stand by it.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews