Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Disregarded parents advice and friends messed me

sawsaw
posted 4 months 3 weeks ago
Hi
My name is Jacob and I am a new member in this forum. I will highly appreciate sharing more with you. As a student of one of the most prominent high school on earth, I couldn’t choose right and wrong friends. I recall the days when I could just join a crop of students to skive classes. I only chose friends for the wrong reasons. All my friends were never bothered in class work and we couldn’t manage to grow ourselves academically. From causing chaos in high school to being the masters of strikes and riots was the order of the day. Above all, we could not give an ear to the elderly. The teachers tried to counsel us but all was to no avail. Neither the pastors, bishops and counsellors could manage to change our untoward behaviors. As time went by, one of us decided to steal and was almost lynched by the mob. On recuperating after a while, we totally disassociated ourselves with him and assumed we didn’t know him. Life started to take another cause when a complete overhaul of the gang was done. In a total disregard for the law, we used the most awkward behaviors no one on earth could have entertained. In our studies, we were not there for each other. We actually failed in our exams and our life looked frail. Until today, I couldn’t master and stand to look back.

magmag
posted 4 months 3 weeks ago
Thanks, Jacob. I am very happy for your courage to share your experiences on this forum. As one grows, he or she tends to disregard the parent's teachings and thinks outsiders in the society can help them learn more. It is always normal for a child to listen more to the outsiders that their parents due to curiosity. It is said that curiosity killed the cat. That's why their behaviours tend to decay. But through persistent counselling, the child is moulded to their normal self.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews