Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

me me me it is all about me

janedawsjanedaws
posted 6 months 1 week ago
Hello ya’ll!
I am Amanda. And here to share with you the chronicles of my IVF journey. Hope this won’t be that boring as I am not a writer by any means and the sole purpose of my posts is that it will help to realize everything I am going through and to declutter my thoughts I guess. As it is a very time and money consuming thing especially when you are one of those who count more on the second impression of the clinic but not on the reputation or something. Although my clinic is reputable and all of that, I think that it is more important to be sure that you can afford the treatment rather than put yourself in debt for the sake of getting pregnant in the clinic near you. It makes me really angry when I think that I actually am not that wealthy as I would want to be and that I am obliged to do more work than it’d be necessary in a case of my wealth and stuff.
Ok this is me talking about things that do not matter.
I am just trying to comfort myself because I have noticed myself worrying a lot about the clinic of my choice and whether it was a right decision. I am really worried about the positive result as it is not the first time I am heading abroad for ivf.
Anyways.
Ivf egg donation 3 rd round begins.

catsychcatsych
Hello and welcome Smile
Good luck with you journey! Hope to see more updates! Sorry for your previous experience! Fingers crossed this is your last and the most successful attempt out of them all!
Wishing you the best of luck!
Xoxo

janedawsjanedaws
Thank you a lot, yeah, I actually had a pretty much an unpleasant experience in Spain before, had to refuse continuing on after they collected 3 egg cells from their donors each time or at least they just told me that which was still stupid and impolite. I have paid also 3 times more the amount than I was expecting to.

catsychcatsych

janedaws said:
Thank you a lot, yeah, I actually had a pretty much an unpleasant experience in Spain before, had to refuse continuing on after they collected 3 egg cells from their donors each time or at least they just told me that which was still stupid and impolite. I have paid also 3 times more the amount than I was expecting to.
Sorry to hear that but none of us is protected from anything of that sort, but we still can hope that everything will be fine! And I hope that with all of that experience you will be better at deciding and finding what’s best for you. now as you have the example of a bad clinic you can compare your new one to the old one and make some conclusions.
But it is better to have some guarantees.

sherrymesherryme
Hello janedaw! Sorry you got those unlucky attempts.. and spent quite a sum of money for that.. and all in vain. Hope you have more faith in the clinic you've started now. As far as I got it you had both previous attempts in Spain, right? And where do you go now? I suppose the prices there might be quite reasonable if you decided on that even taking into account that you would have sufficient fllight expenses. BTW, how long does it take to get an egg donor? Sorry for that many questions.. you may answer them if you feel not up to.. Anyway wish you all the best and good luck with your upcoming ivf round. Keep us posted

Monica_SmithMonica_Smith
posted 1 month 3 weeks ago
hey there, I am really sorry about your past experiences! Ivf procedure is really exhausting and requires a lot of time and money as you said! But it solely depends upon the clinic you chose! In, my case, Biotexcom managed to provide us with really affordable procedures and helped us through the whole egg donor thing! They helped us chose the best one among there database closest to our personality! You should always search thoroughly for the clinic you want to pick, especially for the egg donor! Good luck for the 3rd round, hope you succeed this time.

Lily09Lily09
posted 1 month 1 week ago
I've heard that it may take a long time to have a success with IVF. What is your doctor saying? What are your chances? I know that it is pretty pricy. So, is there a need to waste your money? May be you should go for surrogacy? I've never tried the IVF, that's why so many questions. When I found out that I was unable to give birth, I knew that I would adopt. That's what I did. But now we are thinking of one more baby. And, I guess, we will go for the surrogacy. I'm looking for a medical center at the moment. I'm also ready to go abroad, you know. We are not rich at all. That's why we are looking for some cheaper options.

ragegorruragegorru
Hey ladies. The best things are life don't come cheap. Having said that, I will admit that even a huge blessing like a child should not clear out the bank. Maybe, the doctor you are going to is charging too much. I have experience with surrogacy. That wasn't too expensive. In fact, the favorable packages allowed us to have a child with only a few month's savings.

ypesehafiypesehafi
Hello dear! First of Good luck for your journey! Well, I'd really want to sell you hope because I am always positive with stuff like that. During my infertility I never lost hope it was difficult for me. But, yeah! I had to adjust it all. So, yes! I still hope your this attempt will be successful.. Please spare us with the good news soon Smile

SaeternSaetern
posted 1 month 4 days ago
Hey Jane Daws. Welcome to this forum. I hope sharing your feelings here helped. Talking about your problems really is therapeutic. You are so right. Many people get so caught up in their race against infertility. They often find out that they are out of resources by then it is too late. It is important to take your financial condition into account. This will save you a lot of disappointment and embarrassment later on. I hope this time you are more successful. IVF sounds like a great idea. I hope you manage to conceive this time. Also, that it does not blow your budget. Good luck!

JohnnieJohnnie
posted 1 month 4 days ago
Hi there. I sure know what you mean. My husband and I wanted a child. The problem was that after my hysterectomy it was almost impossible. We then found out about surrogacy. We checked out how much the local clinics were charging. It was way out of our league! Luckily we found out that there were better options abroad. We were curious but also nervous. We found out about one clinic which was affordable. My husband got a loan from an associate. There was no looking back after that. Things worked out for us. Now we have a baby. We also managed to pay off the loan.

SheliaShelia
posted 1 month 3 days ago
Hey Amanda, Hope you are doing well? You did the right thing to pen out your worries as sometimes it's necessary to vent it out to keep you in a correct state of mind. You are right affordability is a factor which one should consider before opting for any treatment. Which country are you from and where are you getting it done from? Why do your doctors say?. My prayers are with you. Face your hurdles with strong determination and don't lose hope. May your path gets easier.

GloriaGloria
Hello and welcome Amanda, Hope you are doing well. I'm really sorry about your current situation. You are right that money is also an aspect which one should consider it also before opting for any treatment and the most important thing is that first sensibly judge any clinic before going through the procedure. I am really sorry about your past experiences. Ukraine is the correct choice to do IVF and surrogacy. I know about a good clinic there. The staff of the clinic is very experienced in the field. The most important thing is that it is very budget effective. If you need information about that clinic then I can provide you. My best wishes are with you. Face your hurdles with strong determination. Never give up and best of luck for your journey.

ChristieChristie
Hi Jane Daws, discussing your issues truly is remedial. Everyone who plans to go for any fertility treatment consider his or her budget too. Not everybody can afford expensive treatments and procedures. However, the government should be providing debts and loans for the people who cannot afford infertility treatments. The infertility procedure that is surrogacy is one with high success rate. It is also becoming popular. However, the problem is that it is very expensive in the USA. It is not at all pocket-friendly in the United States. Surrogacy is inexpensive procedures in many countries. Although people can opt for those countries many couples are doing jobs and cannot take leaves. It is hard for such people to go to the clinics that are pocket-friendly. They cannot afford such treatments in their own countries. Therefore, for such people, there must be an option for debts and loans. I wish that government take this issue into their notice and may formulate some policies regarding it. Good Luck.

MaureenMaureen
Hi Amanda. How are you, dear? You are not supposed to worry about this forum. People here are like a family. You can ask about anything you want. I am here to help you as much as I can. I think you should not stop TTC. Can I ask about your age? I think it is better to have a baby at a young age. I was in the same problem like you. I was unable to carry my baby. I opted for surrogacy. It was very expensive in the USA. I surfed internet about the clinics that were economical. I found the clinic in Ukraine that was pocket-friendly. I chose it and now I am a mother of a healthy baby. I think the government in the USA should take steps to make surrogacy affordable.

MadelineMadeline
Hello, Janedaws. You are welcome in this forum. You should share your experience here. It will be very helpful for other women like us. Everyone who wants to go for medical procedures to have a baby consider their budgets too. It is not possible for everyone to afford such procedures. Are you living in the USA? Actually, such treatments are expensive in the USA. I have my baby through surrogacy. I went to the clinic in Ukraine for my procedure. It was unaffordable for me in the USA. My insurance company also refused to cover the expense. I had to look for a clinic that was pocket-friendly. Their all services were package inclusive. They even provided us with meals, accommodation, mobile phone, a recreational trip, and transportation.

JosefinaJosefina
Hi Jane,

Nice to see another post from you!

I must appreciate your strong mindset. You said this is the third time you will be going for IVF... I must say that salutes are in order.

Though as much as I want to encourage you with IVF, I can't seem to fake it. You should have preferred surrogacy over IVF. IVF sucks! That's what I've heard from everyone I know who went on exploring different alternatives and of all the options on-hand, they ended up selecting IVF and of course regretted.

I'm not someone who'd try to discourage a person going for IVF, I just don't understand why they don't go for the best alternative when they have the option. IVF and surrogacy cost pretty much the same.

New research shows that surrogacy is getting more popular these days, still when I go to forums, I see ladies mentioning they opted IVF. I hope this to be a communication-gap because otherwise, one should really be following the trends.

KaitlinKaitlin
Yea, that’s the irony in our world. Everyone even doctors are looking at your pockets when they provide you a consultation.

They don’t look at you as someone who is dying to hold their baby, they see us as customers. Sometimes I think that our uncle Sam has completely lost it.

You should definitely do a thorough research when selecting a clinic. There are a few clinics, the good ones, that can help you realize your dream and also costing you way too less. Don’t go to a clinic right next to your door, especially in the US. They will eat your money. Not only that, they can’t even be trusted with the services they have to offer.

Mostly, I have seen people saying go to Europe… well, which country in Europe also matters. Rates are different in different countries. Ukraine appears to be the best one out of all. The second best I think is Germany.

Now that you have already opted for IVF, I wish you good luck. IVF is not a complete failure and I’m sure you will be successful in getting the chance to enjoy your motherhood this time.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews