Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

First Aid of high fever

posted 10 months 4 weeks ago
What is the first aid of very high fever? My 2 year old girl experience a high fever and I don't know what to do. I just carried her and brought to the hospital. But I need more opinions for me to know what to do if in case this well be suffered by my children.

posted 1 week 3 days ago
Jessica, you are right. You have asked a much relevant question to this forum. Because the purpose of this forum is to describe or train moms in such a way that they become half doctors. I mean they may have enriched their knowledge enough to take care of their children. As you said you don’t know about the first aid of high fever like many other women also don’t know about it. I will try my best to give you a suitable answer. If your girl’s temperature is more than 100.4 F the contact to your pediatrician. Sponging the child with lukewarm may help you in bringing down her fever. Remember don’t use cold water or ice bath ever. Try to give her more rest and comfort. Use plenty of fluids. You can use acetaminophen, ibuprofen, and aspirin too. Most healthy children can tolerate a fever as high as 103 F for short period of time without any disturbance and yell. for more information make some search. thank you!!!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews