Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Bad ass momma

LadybugLadybug
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
I'm tellin ya, Tanya Byron (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanya_Byron) woulda been proud of me tonight. Am teaching LO to sleep without cuddles and in her own cot. hee hee hee am a bad nasty Mad mommy who won't pick up her screaming daughter... ach well... she went to sleep after much Crying hissying and stropping... kept having to lie her down as she kept standing up. THAT was fun!!!! (yikes) Reckon this will take a while... *sigh* Teeth

pinkfairypinkfairy
Well done! Scarlett has always been prity good about going to bed but a couple of weeks ago she started really screaming when I left the room. I tried the going in and reassuring her but that didn't work it just made her worse. So I had to bite the bullet and let her cry. The first night was a nightmare but it only took 5 minutes for her to settle down. She still crys when I leave the room but she stops by the time I get downstairs. I used to go in and straighten her up in her cot but I can't even do that now as she wakes up and starts crying so I just poke my head around the door when I go to bed and as long as she is looking comfortable I leave her. I hope the next few nights get easier for you - it will be worth it in the end!

GazelleGazelle
You'll get there in the end!

I've still got Ethan in a cot next to me and we cuddle him to sleep every night! Eeeek!

You'll be able to give me tips when it's my turn!

(((((big hugs)))))

Kiss

xxx

adamsmumadamsmum
hi ladybug,
well done! I know how difficult it is, it just take you to take control as mummy, although it is heart breaking to hear your LO cry. My Adam was the same, i used to lie next to him on the floor for about 6months, no wonder iv got a bad back now, hehe. It will get easier, just bear with it. It will be worth it in the end when you get some proper sleep and quality time with your partner. Also, a tip would be, if your LO wakes in the night, dont let the tiredness take hold of you and allow her to get back in bed with you, it will just end up with mixed messages and you will go back to step 1, I did it so I am speaking from experience.
Good luck and keep going with it.
love becs x

BedheadBedhead
You might be suprised how quick it works. I started the same thing with Millie a few nights ago, she goes down ok but was still waking for a feed. I had two nights of crying when I wouldn't feed her but she has slept through for the last five nights. Now all I need to do is get here to nap in her cot Teeth

LadybugLadybug
wow - psychic Bex!!!!

Last night she stirred around 2am and in a haze of sleepiness and mad dreams I picked her up and took her to bed... At 3am I woke up with her next to me - aaargh! Took her through to the room and she stropped (no idea how she wakens so blimmin easily!) so I was with her for about 40mins, lying her back down... (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz). Then she woke at 5am, as normal, for her early AM feed... so the mixed messages will remain until that drops.
Ach well... sleep is overrated.. Sleep Baby Sleep Baby Sleep Baby

LadybugLadybug
I.
GIVE.
UP.

feck this for a game of soldiers. she can sleep on the fecking sofa for all I care. haven't got the energy, time or heart to put up with the bawling anymore. Another time perhaps. Sleep Teeth Sleep Teeth Angry Sleep Shocked Sleep Sad Face Sleep Mad Sleep Confused Sleep Crazy Sleep Angry Sleep Teeth Teeth Sleep

AlexAlex Moderator
Kiss I know how you are feeling.

Kepp with it she will get the hang of it.

I tried the leaving Joseph for 2 mins, then 5 mins, then 10 and then going up after every 20mins within a week he had it sorted. Perseverance is the name of the game Kiss

BedheadBedhead
Awh Ladybug, shame it didn't work. Better luck next time you are feeling mean enough to try (te he)

LadybugLadybug

alex said:
Kiss I know how you are feeling.

Kepp with it she will get the hang of it.

I tried the leaving Joseph for 2 mins, then 5 mins, then 10 and then going up after every 20mins within a week he had it sorted. Perseverance is the name of the game Kiss

Leaving her isn't even a possibility yet! She stands in the cot and screams. She pukes over the side. The first stage is having her go to sleep in her cot at all! AAaaaaaarrrgghhh. She used to sleep in her cot fine... until she was 7 months and was babysat by someone who thought it was ok to lift her when she squeaked... then she took Katie downstairs and watched TV at 22.30 grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

AlexAlex Moderator

Ladybug said:

then she took Katie downstairs and watched TV at 22.30 grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mad Mad bad babysitter

Im sure you will find something that will work (hope for you it is soon)

BedheadBedhead
I've often thought that it is a shame you can't get in the cot with them! Hope you manage to get her sleeping better soon for your sake! Sleep Baby

monica2353monica2353
hey Ladybug, you will get there in the end!! xx

noababynoababy
Hi Ladybug!

have you tried putting a mattress in her room(far enough away though so she can't hang over the side of the cot and retch on you-teehee)and sleeping there for a few nights till she gets used to sleeping in her cot? That way you can get some sleep too.

Noa also screamed ,still does ,since she stopped falling asleep while BF. (bad mother for me letting her do that to begin with) She is very funny but learning that sreaming will get her no where. She used to scream for a long time, but after a few days of not getting her way it is really short protest scream just to make me feel bed and then she settles down. She still goes into bed most nights and then screams, but generally as soon as I walk out the door-she stops cause she knows she isn't getting her way anymore. I would advice to wait until vacation when you don't have to go to work, because trying this when you have to get up the next morning is hell.
Good luck!!!!!!!!!

LadybugLadybug
yeah that's what I'm plannin... the summer holidays should do it. Like the idea about the extra mattress too...
xxx

noababynoababy

Ladybug said:
yeah that's what I'm plannin... the summer holidays should do it. Like the idea about the extra mattress too...
xxx

hmmm-me seez you aren't keeping up with the ak posts cause there was a thread similar at some point recent and lots of good ideas including that one in there. Razz

LadybugLadybug
hee hee hee noooooo I'm not! Ha ha I've got 56 pages of 'Not Read' ... that's 1000+ threads... It's never gonna happen. I reply to the odd Bfing post though. Each time I 'drop in' to AK it seems like it's the same ol' shite. Like the threesome thread though - PMSL
Much prefer this place... I can't stand the fact that you click Logout on AK but you're still logged in. Grr. Also, even when you DO manage to logout, it claims that you're till online for at least another 30mins.. Double grrrr.

noababynoababy

mitchmitch
startingg some thing and just giving up at the first hurdel is sending out mixed messages hun x maybe you should try different approaches and not give in completly Kiss

LadybugLadybug
Ta Mitch but I just don't have the strength yet!
Am gonna give it a go when I have 6 weeks off Smile

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews