Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

entertaining

mmmchocolatemmmchocolate
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
my youngest jake is nearly 12wks and is bored, my other two are 4 and 5 and i cant remember what i did to entertain them. i play with him lots but sometimes i just need to put him down for 10 mins whilst i eat etc he wont stay under the gym and will only sit in his bouncy chair for a couple of mins unless hes playing with my hand.(i hold it in font of him and he pulls my fingers and tries to eat them) any suggestions on what to do?

adamsmumadamsmum
hi, he is probably too young to go in a doorway bouncer (you know, the one that hangs from the frame)?
I think that age is really difficult to entertain, I used to take him with me when i went to do things and sing to him all the while, its tiring but worth it if your LO stays quiet for a while. Could you put some music on? A walk in the pram does you good and your LO. fresh air, sleep better, exercise for you.
I hope you find a way to entertain your baby, make the most of the younger stage, they grow so quickly dont they?
love becs x

GTTkelGTTkel
When Denis was born I encouraged Summer to sing and dance about in front of him. He found this very amusing and she felt she was doing an important big sister job

sammie83sammie83

GTTkel said:
When Denis was born I encouraged Summer to sing and dance about in front of him. He found this very amusing and she felt she was doing an important big sister job

Very happy i do that i tel ellie-mae to go an sing her a song..she is highly amused.....until ellie gets board Sad Face

AlexAlex Moderator
I used baby einstein DVD's to entertain Joseph when I couldnt- got them from MotherCare Very happy Joseph still watched them now and he will be 4 in Sept

boosmummyboosmummy
I used to get our eldest who was nearly 2 to sing and dance to his baby brother, or if i needed to do housework the baby would be in every room I was in his chair while I sang, jiggled about (must've looked a right nutter to anyone looking through our kitchen window!) and i generally had the radio on as well. If i wasn't busy then we'd go out either in the garden or for a walk.

sammie83sammie83
also if u have sky channel 626 baby tv, (iknow ive mentioned this already but its a godsend) my girls can sit there for hours, it drives me mental if i turn it over ellie goes mental, but hey i ca get my housework done Very happy

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews