Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Paper or electronic planner?

Amelia88Amelia88
posted 4 years 4 months ago
I'm one of those people that has to write everything down in order to stay at least remotely organized. I have a big planner that I write my appointments in, my daughters appointments, to do lists, groceries, meal planning - the works! I've tried to use reminders on my phone and the calendar function on that, but I just don't seem to click with an electronic system of keeping track of stuff!

What about you? How do you organize yourself? Are you the old fashioned paper planner person, or do you prefer to set yourself reminders and appointment dates on your phone?

purplepen88purplepen88
I still use a paper monthly organizer too. I am always making lists on paper - to do, groceries etc. I have started to use an electronic calendar because we use it at work, but I have a hard time adjusting to using a calendar online to keep track of important dates and events. I still prefer to use a paper calendar to write down things.

Amelia88Amelia88

purplepen88 said:
I still use a paper monthly organizer too. I am always making lists on paper - to do, groceries etc. I have started to use an electronic calendar because we use it at work, but I have a hard time adjusting to using a calendar online to keep track of important dates and events. I still prefer to use a paper calendar to write down things.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one! I have had to use electronic calendar reminders in the workplace too before I was a SAHM, but I would still have my appointments and meetings written down in my notebook as well! I just find it so much easier and more user friendly in written form! Smile

morgoodiemorgoodie
I have not switched to an electronic planner either. I am old school and like to have the paper version. Having everything on my phone just seems to get lost in the shuffle. I am not a tech savvy person so I guess it will take me awhile to conform to the ways of today. Very happy I like the one that I have because it has a lot of space to write in multiple items for the day and I can keep track of the money I make, appointments, to do lists, and etc. I use it every day and I can keep a little bit organized or at look like I am.

darkchilddarkchild
I use a paper and a pen myself but sometimes, I save it on my phone under the To-Do app. This way, I can always refer to it. I think using the paper and pen is easier because you can always check the things done and cross the ones that are unnecessary out.

missiemousemissiemouse
I am definitely old-fashioned as I love writing to do lists and grocery lists on paper as well. I even have a smaller notebook that I can bring with me anywhere. It's a tiny notebook, even smaller than my phone, lol. I love it since it's so handy and compact. I put all my things to do in there, especially if it's work related.

I have tried using apps before but I somehow get tired of them after a while. I tend to even forget they exist and so they end up rotting in my phone. I do use notepad though although it's mainly just for other tasks, which also end up rotting in my phone. Haha.

kaka135kaka135
I use both of them. I really like the electronic planner, as I can always keep track of them easier, and set a reminder as well. But, I still like to write them down on paper. I think I can plan better with pen and paper. Moreover, it can be easier to use the paper planner so we don't need to turn on the computer all the time.

rz3300rz3300
Well I am one of those people who always have to have a pen and a pad of paper handy because I am so used to writing everything down. When that does not happen, then my hands become the writing surface and that is never a good thing. I just cannot do the electronic things as much as others, call me old school I guess.

sugarnspicesugarnspice
I use both so I won't miss anything! Smile

HappygalHappygal
posted 3 years 11 months ago
I use my phone calender for reminders, I forget everything. I do worry though in case my phone gets broken and I lose everything in the calender. Every year I buy a physical diary to write stuff down but half of it never goes in.

HeideRobitaHeideRobita
posted 3 years 3 months ago
i also still use paper, i just use my phone to remind me of events

JanetheVeganJanetheVegan
posted 3 years 3 months ago
Definitely electronic planner - saves some trees and has more options than regular planner. You just have to get used to actually using it.

maryparrishmaryparrish
posted 3 years 1 month ago
I looove organizing stuff! I am a fan of the old-fashioned style for sure. I have to say that I like to organize things I need to do more than actually doing them! Lol
To do lists, appointments, articles that I need to write… All on the paper! But once my friend has introduced me the iPhone system and I really loved it. I am always on my phone, so I get the reminders and like NEVER forget what I need to do. With the paper you need to take the notes, look at them and plan the day again. Here you have the reminder and due to them you plan your next hours.
If you are a phone addict and the paper-plan addict I advise you to do both. Use the paper style for the week planning or even month planning. So you will see the whole picture of your events and plans to check out at evenings. Use the phone reminding in order to create URGENT appointments that you might forget about. I dont even know how I classify what to put where. But try, and I am pretty sure you will catch the flow Smile

maryparrishmaryparrish
posted 2 years 10 months ago
Shree1990, it is so weird you are talking about technology that way. Is it your year written in the nickname? Because if yes, it really sounds weird to me that you are not 'friends' with technology hah! Cmon, you are not that old, girl!

JellaJella
posted 2 years 7 months ago
I just use an online planer

ammiaammia
posted 2 years 7 months ago
I also use my online planer. I try to reduce my waste what is really hard.

bridgetbridget
posted 2 years 5 months ago
I really have to write everything down so I won't forget it. Once it is written down on paper it's also stuck my head Smile

MrsJohnsonMrsJohnson
posted 1 year 10 months ago
I prefer using those little yellow stickers for my personal notes. However, there is an app which allows controlling my children's educational process. Here is the description. It's easy to use and allows to communicate with teachers and to see what tasks my children have to do. There is also a good statistics page to see their marks compared with other pupils.

YTownYTown
posted 1 year 7 months ago
Electronic planner or simply Google Calendar, because it's almost impossible to forget on things you need to do since you get always get a notification.

altuk1978altuk1978
posted 1 year 5 months ago
Electronic planner, otherwise I would need a reminder on my planner to look at my paper diary!!!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews