Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Breastfeeding with rocks!

Akiram13Akiram13
posted 1 year 9 months ago
I don't mean to complain because I am very fortunate to be able to supply a lot of milk to my little ones. But MAN! Do they hurt and feel like rocks. I didn't get many stretch marks on my tummy but my breast suffered. As well as my veins in my breast pop out. I felt like a cow running into a bathroom and just letting some out because it would be a constant pain. Who else suffered the rocks of breastfeeding? How long did it take until it didn't hurt as much? Do my breast ever have the chance to be perky again?

tina122321tina122321
It sounds like you are an overproducer like I was. I didn't know that it was called overproducer until a few years after I had finished breastfeeding and I explained my experiences to a friend who knows more about breastfeeding than I did since she has 6 kids and I only breast fed 2.

I understand the rocks! It hurt so bad. I would stand in the shower and massage them to get them to loosen up, milk would spray everywhere! From talking to others I now know that I needed a good electric pump. Many pharmacies have them that you can rent and insurance often pays for it. The electric pump gets more of the milk out and way faster which keeps the rocks from forming as much.

I have good news, your breast can go back to perky! It took me about 7 years after breastfeeding. I lost a lot of weight and I also don't wear a bra very often anymore. For some reason the combination has made them extremely perky and my husband thinks they look as good as before kids.

Akiram13Akiram13

tina122321 said:
It sounds like you are an overproducer like I was. I didn't know that it was called overproducer until a few years after I had finished breastfeeding and I explained my experiences to a friend who knows more about breastfeeding than I did since she has 6 kids and I only breast fed 2.

I understand the rocks! It hurt so bad. I would stand in the shower and massage them to get them to loosen up, milk would spray everywhere! From talking to others I now know that I needed a good electric pump. Many pharmacies have them that you can rent and insurance often pays for it. The electric pump gets more of the milk out and way faster which keeps the rocks from forming as much.

I have good news, your breast can go back to perky! It took me about 7 years after breastfeeding. I lost a lot of weight and I also don't wear a bra very often anymore. For some reason the combination has made them extremely perky and my husband thinks they look as good as before kids.
You don't know how much hope you just gave me. I feel that I am to young to have saggy breasts but that's because my breast really did get way to much milk. I wish I could have given the milk to unfortunate babies with no breast milk but I didn't know anyone who would have needed it. I am now on my fourth and I am seeing the same signs in my breast as the first. The last two kids my breasts didn't get that bad. I am only 6 months and they are over weighing and hurt. I don't want the rocks this time I will look into that and start looking around where I can help with excess milk. I hate it when my hubby comments on the way my breasts look now. Like, why don't you try giving birth and producing milk. But I have the bad habit of always wearing a bra. Oh what to do?

BarbieDollBarbieDoll
I had the same thing. Although I did have a double electric pump, so in 10 minutes I could alleviate the pain and have a bottle of milk stored for later.

Everything went back to normal after I stopped nursing. There is no real change in their appearance, they are the same as before I had children. So maybe it is a good sign to have rocks!

tina122321tina122321
There are many places that store and give out breast milk to people that need it. Many mother specialty shops, such as ones that sell slings and wraps, have donation freezers. Look for a donation site in your area.

As for the discomfort you are experiencing right now there are essential oils that can bring relief. You want to research them and be careful to not use too much so that you don't dry up. There are essential oil teachers that do free classes that should be able to help you find the right combination to bring you comfort.

You can also use warm compresses to bring relief. Right now you need a bra but after you wean your baby you might consider starting to go natural, at least when you are home and not going anywhere. It can help strengthen your back muscles which in turn pull your breasts up. Stay positive and try not to focus on what your husband says about them. Men cannot always understand how women put their bodies through hell in order to have and take care of her children.

Akiram13Akiram13

tina122321 said:
There are many places that store and give out breast milk to people that need it. Many mother specialty shops, such as ones that sell slings and wraps, have donation freezers. Look for a donation site in your area.

As for the discomfort you are experiencing right now there are essential oils that can bring relief. You want to research them and be careful to not use too much so that you don't dry up. There are essential oil teachers that do free classes that should be able to help you find the right combination to bring you comfort.

You can also use warm compresses to bring relief. Right now you need a bra but after you wean your baby you might consider starting to go natural, at least when you are home and not going anywhere. It can help strengthen your back muscles which in turn pull your breasts up. Stay positive and try not to focus on what your husband says about them. Men cannot always understand how women put their bodies through hell in order to have and take care of her children.

Thanks for your feedback. I will look into milk banks to help other babies if I predicted right about the rocks coming back. Problem woth having big breasts is that it takes a toll on my back as well. Always in pain. Also, yea men can be extemely rude about what happens to our bodies as women. Its okay though because if he doesn't want to hear what I have to say he knows to keep it shut and to just appreciate it. LOL

Amelia88Amelia88
I didn't even have the success of breastfeeding for long, sadly - my supply just wasn't enough - but I got the sagging side of things! I'm naturally very small chested and being pregnant and feeding saw them really get rather large but then went back down pretty fast...I'm hoping that mine will look like pre-pregnancy again someday soon...but I'm trying again for #2 so that might be a dream for some time yet!

missiemousemissiemouse
Who else suffered the rocks of breastfeeding?

Back when I was just starting to breastfeed my son, my breasts hurt so much. They were rock hard and leak milk as well. So aside from the soreness of the nipples, there's that pain as well because my breasts were still overproducing milk at that time.

How long did it take until it didn't hurt as much?

For me, it took about a month before my breasts did not hurt anymore and didn't leak anymore. I think it varies from mommy to mommy though. But some moms didn't even experience pain from what I've read.

Do my breast ever have the chance to be perky again?

I think in time, after you breastfeed, your breasts will be perky again. From what I've read, it's not breastfeeding that causes sogginess but ageing itself.

Akiram13Akiram13

missiemouse said:
Who else suffered the rocks of breastfeeding?

Back when I was just starting to breastfeed my son, my breasts hurt so much. They were rock hard and leak milk as well. So aside from the soreness of the nipples, there's that pain as well because my breasts were still overproducing milk at that time.

How long did it take until it didn't hurt as much?

For me, it took about a month before my breasts did not hurt anymore and didn't leak anymore. I think it varies from mommy to mommy though. But some moms didn't even experience pain from what I've read.

Do my breast ever have the chance to be perky again?

I think in time, after you breastfeed, your breasts will be perky again. From what I've read, it's not breastfeeding that causes sogginess but ageing itself.
I remember my rocks of pain lasted for months! I wasted alot of milk by milking myself in any near place I could. But that last comment got me. I'm to young to have saggy breasts LOL I am only turning 23 this june! In my family line though all the women have a huge knockers I am considered small but still big to others this might have something to do with it. I hope they won't be saggy though even for a year or two I would like to appreciate my own breasts haha

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews