Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Gardening - do you enjoy it?

Amelia88Amelia88
posted 4 years 5 months ago
Now that spring is around the corner for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, do you like gardening? Do you grow any of your own stuff?

We have a bunch of herbs growing, and in spring we usually plant some tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers as they're probably the things we use most in salads! I like being in the garden and find it pretty relaxing.

I'd love to be able to grow more but just don't have the space for it at the moment. What about you? Are you an avid gardener or does it just feel like another chore to you?

darkchilddarkchild
I love gardening, the smell of the soil, the plants and the wriggly worms; it always feels good to be one with nature. I wish I had the space but I don't. Right now I'm in an apartment building that does not support such.

It is something I look forward to when I get my own house.

purplepen88purplepen88
I have to say I love gardening too. I used to have nice vegetable garden in my backyard where I grew tomatoes, peppers, chilies, and herbs. When we remodeled our backyard I lost most of my vegetable garden and it has been reduced to two small beds. I still grow some chilies for husband and some annuals but I do miss tending to my tomato plants and harvesting the tomatoes each fall. There is something so satisfying about eating food that you have grown yourself.

morgoodiemorgoodie
Growing up, my parents always had a garden with all kinds of vegetables. They would also can vegetables and fruits and I loved that. I find that I am not much as a gardener but I always liked helping my father with the tilling. I would always find the biggest worms to take in to my mom to gross her out. My sister and I tried to get a garden growing and we just did not have the time or the energy to keep it up. Most of what we planted did not grow but we did have lots of weeds.

sugarnspicesugarnspice
posted 4 years 4 months ago
I enjoy gardening. I guess I got it from my Grandmother.

HeideRobitaHeideRobita
posted 3 years 3 months ago
i really love gardening, but i think gardening doesn't love me back. LOL

MMartellMMartell
posted 3 years 3 months ago
I do. Though I only have a mini herb garden at home. Will that still count?

NosiNosi
posted 2 years 10 months ago
I grow tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and zuchinis every year. On the one hand because it is fun for me and on the other hand because I can save some money with it.

YTownYTown
posted 1 year 7 months ago
I love it. I love nature, so I think that's the perfect hobby for me.

altuk1978altuk1978
posted 1 year 5 months ago
I like the idea of it but plants do not like me, I'm not great at keeping on top of them and watering. Something I always think I should get into though...

AnnieCAnnieC
posted 8 months 5 days ago

purplepen88 said:
I have to say I love gardening too. I used to have nice vegetable garden in my backyard where I grew tomatoes, peppers, chilies, and herbs. When we remodeled our backyard I lost most of my vegetable garden and it has been reduced to two small beds. I still grow some chilies for husband and some annuals but I do miss tending to my tomato plants and harvesting the tomatoes each fall. There is something so satisfying about eating food that you have grown yourself.
I love gardening too. I used to keep various flowers at my backyard but recently I decided to make it more useful and started to grow veggies there. I already managed to grow cucumbers, tomatoes and onions there, but I never managed to grow something like beans and peas. My friend suggested me I need more space and also advised me to get a ph tester as mentioned here because he thinks my soil lacks some nutrients.

SchriebsySchriebsy
posted 7 months 3 weeks ago
I love gardening... but gardening doesn't love me either! Plants/flowers last for a couple of days in my house

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews