Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Do you feel guilty when you spend time on the computer?

BarbieDollBarbieDoll
posted 4 years 1 month ago
Do you feel guilty when you spend time on your computer?

I do, I feel like I should be doing something around the house, like cooking, cleaning, interacting and playing with the kids, etc. Even when I am home alone - actually most especially when I am alone!

Does anyone else feel like this or am I the only one?

morgoodiemorgoodie
You are not the only one trust me. I feel like this all the time but now that I am trying to work online and make money the feeling is worse. Now that I do not have a job, I try to do most of it during the day while the kids are at school. After they get home, I try to stay off of it until they go to bed. I do not want them to feel like they are being ignored. Besides, they usually have homework and need help with it sometimes. On the weekends, I try to get my work done at once or take multiple breaks throughout the day to do things with my kids.

It is a terrible feeling when you feel guilty for trying to make time for yourself and do something that you enjoy doing. I think that is always a parental emotion that we all go through.

Amelia88Amelia88
I hear where you're coming from! I try and remind myself that back when I was a kid, my parents would read the newspaper or things like that - I guess these days the internet isn't much different! We all need some of our own down time to relax and I think that's important to being a good parent. If you are always, always giving and never just taking a moment for yourself then I think that can be negative and destructive to yourself too! Smile

mamaJenmamaJen
I get so sick of cleaning and doing laundry. We all need a break. Heck, my kids are usually on their tablets anyway. Even my daughter who is only 2 years old is constantly asking for my phone. I wouldn't feel bad hun, it's just become a part of life now, we use the computer for nearly everything.

sugarnspicesugarnspice
posted 2 years 10 months ago
You should balance your time along with other household chores. Before getting stuck in front of the pc, make sure have finished your other priorities .

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews