Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

New recipes for my cook book

Akiram13Akiram13
posted 1 year 8 months ago
Im running out of things to cook and rather not constantly keep repeating. What are some things that i can cook thats healthy for the babies and kids which tastes yummy.

I am in the philippines so food that can go withrice.

Join JustParents to remove this advert

rz3300rz3300
Well anytime it comes to rice I would have to go with chicken to add to it. I am also a big teriyaki sauce or soy sauce fan so incorporating that would be a positive for me. In terms of for the younger ones though, I would say that making it as simple as possible would be best. I have found that my little ones really liked sweet rice with a little lemon to it.

Akiram13Akiram13
The number one thing that we can not go without is rice. Just simple white rice what we eat with it depends. My kids love rice and a sunny side up egg. If possible they would eat it everyday if I allowed them.

darkchilddarkchild
posted 1 year 7 months ago
@Akiram13 Have you tried fish sauce with rice, fried plantain, potato soup, vegetable soup or vegetable salad, beans soup or lentil soup. All these can go with rice.

I am always seeking new recipes; cooking gets boring when there is nothing new to cook or explore.

Amelia88Amelia88
I make a lot of things with rice - mainly veggie and meat stir fries (I just use whatever we have on hand!), chili, this yummy crock pot picadillo over rice...also I agree with the other posts for things like teriyaki chicken, I also really like honey soy chicken over rice. I guess it's as open as your imagination but I usually do some sort of meat/protein and then veggie combination with rice, since the rice is quite starchy and heavy to begin with.

morgoodiemorgoodie
Rice is such a versatile dish and everything goes with it. I like to make rice, ground beef, vegetables (whatever type I have on hand), and then melt some cheese on it. It is a nice easy dish that you can throw together quickly and the kids love it. I use rice in many ways and love it. I will pour vegetable soup over it, put it in meatloaf, meatballs, with chicken, and many other ways. Just Google rice dishes and I am sure you will turn up a plethora of new recipes to try and that are kid friendly.

kaka135kaka135
posted 1 year 6 months ago
Rice is our main meal as well. I always cook some dishes to eat together with rice.
These are our usual dishes, which are easy for me to prepare:
- egg (omelette with either tomato or onion, fried egg, steam egg, hard boiled egg)
- steam fish
- stir-fry dish (any veggies, mushrooms, carrots, sometimes some meat fillet)
- vegetable soup (can include any veggies - cabbage, potato, carrot, tomato, bell pepper, etc)
- steam tofu
- fried meat patty (just add some onions to the pork)
- steam meat patty

Shree1990Shree1990
posted 1 month 4 weeks ago
Banana rice!!! Just grind some banana and mix it up with rice. You can do the same with mango.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews