Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Inverted Nipples?

Akiram13Akiram13
posted 1 year 7 months ago
When I had my first daughter my nipples were inverted. She had to suck them out. I won't lie breastfeeding does hurt but having inverted nipples and having a baby suck them out is ouch! Haha my nipples bled, had pus, It was just gory. But I was determined to give her the milk she deserved.

My suggestions is this always be mindful that you are holding a baby and not to squeeze them when they hurt you. If one nipple is bleeding go to the other. Apply petroleum jelly after baby feeds. Wash before baby feeds. It will get better I promise. ; )

Join JustParents to remove this advert

missiemousemissiemouse
posted 1 year 6 months ago
I also had inverted nipples just like you. I must agree that the pain (that first week) when my son first breastfed was quite horrible. There was cracking, blood and lots of tears from me. I remember I used to put some lanolin ointment on it which helps relieve the pain. The lanolin ointment is perfectly safe for babies to ingest so no worries. Although I think in a week or two after, the soreness and wounds went away.

Akiram13Akiram13
posted 1 year 6 months ago

missiemouse said:
I also had inverted nipples just like you. I must agree that the pain (that first week) when my son first breastfed was quite horrible. There was cracking, blood and lots of tears from me. I remember I used to put some lanolin ointment on it which helps relieve the pain. The lanolin ointment is perfectly safe for babies to ingest so no worries. Although I think in a week or two after, the soreness and wounds went away.
I thought I was the only one who suffered from them. I remember people would look at me because of the fuss I made when I tried breastfeeding my daughter. I was at a loss at the time because I had the hardest rocks that hurt so I needed my daughter to breastfeed as much as possible but with that came unbearable pain. I honestly didn't know what to do. I think my nipples were semi ok by the second week. Did you inverts ever go back to the way they were or stayed outward?

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews