Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Teething pain relief remedies!

Amelia88Amelia88
posted 1 year 5 months ago
Little one has molars bursting through - already!! As all of you who have gone through it or are going through it right now can understand, it's a tough time for her and also for us as parents! Phew!!

What have you found your child has liked best with respect to pain relief/remedies for teething? We usually use children's Tylenol that our paediatrician recommended, some homeopathic teething tablets (the brand is Hyland's Baby), mesh feeders with frozen fruit, and icy chew teethers. Usually a combination of those seems to ease the fussiness for a while!

What worked best for your little one(s)?

Join JustParents to remove this advert

MariposaMariposa
My first instinct was to say "Nothing, nothing at all" but that wouldn't be very helpful now, would it? Fact is, though, that my sister had me trying all kinds of things, and nothing gave very much relief.

If I'd have to choose one thing, I'd go with a cold teething ring... didn't last for very long, but at least it kept her occupied for a little while.

Amelia88Amelia88

Mariposa said:
My first instinct was to say "Nothing, nothing at all" but that wouldn't be very helpful now, would it? Fact is, though, that my sister had me trying all kinds of things, and nothing gave very much relief.

If I'd have to choose one thing, I'd go with a cold teething ring... didn't last for very long, but at least it kept her occupied for a little while.
Ha, I tell you, some days it feels like nothing gives her relief! I think you're right, that a big part of it iis just doing things to keep their minds off it for a while. My mother in law bought around a few new toys for her yesterday, and that did seem to help - she was much less grouchy! But she did wake up at 5am this morning wailing because she was in pain...thankfully some Tylenol has alleviated it for now and she managed to fall back asleep - but I'm exhausted!

mawittymawitty
We used Tylenol, Baby Oragel, and cold teething rings (which never lasted very long because my little ones apparently couldn't stand the cold - they always almost immediately threw them out). We also had these teething beads that they liked more than anything - got them for $1 each at Burlington.

I've always heard wonderful things about amber necklaces, but I never tried them.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews