Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Miscarriage while TTC

CHD88CHD88
posted 1 year 6 months ago
I recently had my first miscarriage after two successful pregnancies. It has been discouraging and a bit depressing. I was 9 weeks pregnant. My husband and I were trying for our third and final baby. Now, he does not seem interested in even talking about trying again, which makes the whole thing a all the more depressing. The hope of still eventually having another baby has been getting me through the moments where all of the emotions hit at once. I wonder if anyone else has experienced a similar situation. Is there any advice you would offer? Not to be insensitive, but did you have more miscarriages after the first?

Join JustParents to remove this advert

MariposaMariposa
posted 1 year 6 months ago
I'm so sorry to hear that you're having to go through this. Yes, I've been there... I was 5 months along and it was devastating.

Sounds as if this has hit your husband harder than he's probably letting you see. If I'd have any advice at all, it's to not push him about getting pregnant right away again. Everyone has to grieve in their own way, and to him, he most likely feels that he doesn't want the risk at this point. Probably important to let some time pass. Too many people think that these things don't hit the dads hard, too, but they do.

No, your question wasn't insensitive... and my own answer is that no, I didn't have a second miscarriage... I had a healthy baby second.

moonmoonmoonmoon
posted 1 year 3 months ago
Hi, I am sorry you are going thought this. I can recommend reading this source, that gives tons of info: ht*p://pregnancyloss.info/ In case of recurrent mcs google PGS NGS (preimplantation genetis diagnosis), that reduces risk for miscarriage and birth defects. Hope this helps. x

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews