Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

What were your cravings?

Amelia88Amelia88
posted 1 year 4 months ago
A lot of people talk about the cravings they had in those early pregnancy days - did you have any weird ones?

I wouldn't say any of the ones I had were particularly weird - I had a phase where I wanted everything salty (French fries with extra, extra salt and brown gravy!) and then a spicy kick (subway sandwiches with a million jalapenos on them!) but those were the main ones!

What about you? What things did you crave in pregnancy?

Join JustParents to remove this advert

MariposaMariposa
Hmmmm.... I've been thinking about this question, and I really can't come up with anything that was a bona fide craving.

Now that said, I *do* seem to remember myself using pregnancy as an excuse to eat things I *wanted* like chocolate a little more often. Sad but true... but it worked. hehe

Funny thing is that now, when I'm *not* pregnant, I've been craving something... such a strange feeling. Bacon wrapped scallops... go figure!

MortedMorted
During my first trimester, I had the worst craving in the middle of the night on top of a mountain miles away from town for a spicy chicken sandwich from McDonald's. I could smell, taste, and even feel the patty on my tongue. I wanted that sandwich so badly. Not a strange craving to many people, but I do not eat fast food or like anything from McDonald's.

Now that I'm in my third trimester I'm having a craving more people would consider weird: grilled cheese with chocolate sauce. Mmmm.

Amelia88Amelia88
@Mariposa I totally get where you're coming from -- I think I too often used pregnancy as an excuse to eat more junk food than I ever would normally! I mean, lets be honest -- I could eat ice cream every day, but I know it's not a good idea for my waistline or my health...but in pregnancy it snuck in to my eating waaaay more than it should have!

darkchilddarkchild
I always felt irritated when pregnant so I craved for lemon water, guava and anything sour that would keep me from throwing up. There was no particular craving for a particular food, well except spicy foods that made the irritation go away.

Amelia88Amelia88

darkchild said:
I always felt irritated when pregnant so I craved for lemon water, guava and anything sour that would keep me from throwing up. There was no particular craving for a particular food, well except spicy foods that made the irritation go away.
Sounds like your cravings were all nice and healthy! That's awesome One of my best friends also was all about sour stuff when she was pregnant - I think for much the same reason as you mentioned, that it helped keep her nausea away!

morgoodiemorgoodie
With my first pregnancy, all I wanted was cold and juicy fruits and vegetables like apples, strawberries, watermelon, celery, and carrots. It just seemed like that would have solved my excessive heat problem and my thirst. I was like a walking furnace. However, my second pregnancy was the complete opposite. I did not crave anything what so ever. I did not care if I ate at all when I was carrying my son. Which is funny because now all he does is eat. I never craved anything weird though. I worked with a girl who craved toilet paper during one of her pregnancies which I thought was very strange. Not sure if she ate any of it but I do know that she would smell it.

Akiram13Akiram13
I had several different cravings for all of my kids. None of them were the same. Although for my girls most of my cravings were sweet. Now I am waiting to have a boy and I crave a type of bread found here in the Philippines. For my girls anything sweet pretty much got my attention but I guess not all the time. I can't say I had one of those weird cravings were its just not normal to eat. My cousin though when she was pregnant she had a weird craving for soap. (She really took a bite out of a soap bar).

missiemousemissiemouse
posted 1 year 2 months ago
Oh, I had a lot of cravings back when I was pregnant. I craved Coca-Cola mostly since it was summer then. Drinking Coca-Cola, ice-cold and with some ice of course was my guilty pleasure. Of course, it is bad for the baby, so I tried to control it as much as I can. But there were really days that I crave it so bad. Luckily, my husband doesn't control me much then and said it's okay to have a few of the bad food sometimes. LOL.

Another one I craved is chips. I especially love Cheetos and Lays. I dip the Lays in cream cheese... Ah, heaven! Haha! I don't know why... But throughout my whole pregnancy, I craved very unhealthy stuff.:/

JosiePJosieP
posted 1 year 2 months ago
With my oldest I craved cucumber, pickle, tomato, cheese, lettuce cream cheese bagle sandwiches LOL.. and seafood! UGH.. not one day in my entire life have I ever liked anything that comes from the water. In fact, the smell alone makes me sick. So I tested my theory.. during a huge craving I went to a restaurant that serves seafood and the smell made me SO sick! LOL. Didn't stop the cravings though LOL, I must have been deficient or something.

With my youngest I just craved garbage. Mostly pizza. I did not treat my body well with him, I've always felt bad about it. But then, those bagel sandwiches weren't healthy either..

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews