Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

New Years Resolution

MrsChristyHMrsChristyH
posted 1 year 8 months ago
My new years resolution revolves around getting toned. Losing a couple of pounds is a big plus, but really I want to get toned up. I already eat pretty healthy. I love salads, fruits, veggies, meat, and I'm not big on sweets or fried foods. They make me sick. Anyway, I am having trouble keeping up with a regimen. Working as a server my legs and arms are in pretty good shape, but I would love to start working off my 2 years and counting mommy tummy. I read that planks help post pregnancy because your muscles are separated and crunches can drive them further apart. But I want other things to work on my tummy (and butt). What do you do?

Join JustParents to remove this advert

yeahandyeahand
posted 1 year 8 months ago
Trying to get back into exercising after baby #2 right now but with my first daughter I started out doing a easy pilates routine (found a "pilates for dummies" DVD, it may be available on youtube) and had been doing it for years before my second pregnancy. It was a great low-impact and quick routine to do. Really great for post-pregnancy because it mostly focuses on strengthening your core. I also found 7 minute work outs to be useful because again, effective and quick if you are a busy person.

mamajaymamajay
posted 1 year 7 months ago
I do Shaun T's workout regimes. The Hip-hop Abs routine is absolutely amazing because it's fun to. You hardly feel like you are exercising because his choreography is just like a dance routine. Shaun T has many other different programs, but Hiphop Abs is the one I started with and I always recommend it anyone with ab issues. You should give it a try, especially if you love dancing.

MariposaMariposa
I have found that I tend to sabotage myself when I come up with a list of resolutions... so I stopped doing it. That doesn't mean that I'm not working on changing some things, though... just that I'm not beating myself up over them when I slip.

One is (like everyone else, I'm sure!) continuing to get healthier. I've been working on that one for more than a year now and I've been successful. My list of groceries from the produce section started growing and growing each month and that's a good thing.

Weight loss... always, and I've been doing well with that, too. Definitely ties in with the healthier eating.

Parenting... my goal is to always find new and exciting things to do as a family. I want to be sure that I'm never "too busy" to have time for those things. This would be anything from little day trips to the theme meals my family loves so much.

Learning... I'm a lifelong learner, so while my daughter learns all kinds of great things on her own level, I want to be learning, too, and hopefully that will involve a few classes, most likely distance learning from my favorite university. I've already done some but not for a few years now.

CommaCatCommaCat
I found a pilates video on the "On Demand" section offered through my cable company the other day and decided to give it a try. I actually loved it, and didn't have to pay any extra for it. I have done it 2 times now and I can feel that my core was put to work. I hope to keep doing it and see some results.

Amelia88Amelia88
I'm much the same as you - toning up is a big priority for me this year. I'm happy with the number on the scale so I don't really want to lose more weight, but I do want to feel firmer and just more happy with my body and appearance overall. After having my little one, I hadn't really been doing specific exercise apart from walking, but recently I joined a bootcamp class that is held several times a week at my local gym. I've really been enjoying it - it's challenging me and leaving my muscles sore for days, but I like to think that's a guaranteed sign that things are working out!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews