Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Getting Children to Wash Their Hands

alexrickettalexrickett
posted 3 years 1 hour ago
I have two children, one 5 and one 8. I am struggling to get them to wash their hands after they have been to the loo. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or any methods to help me get them to wash their hands?

lillyxlillyx
posted 2 years 9 months ago
Be a good example and they do it automatically!

UHHannahUHHannah
posted 2 years 9 months ago
Maybe try a special soap with their favourite character on it? My son love peppa pig so having peppa pig handwash encourages him. Although he is obviously a lot younger.

lillyxlillyx
posted 2 years 8 months ago
I would also suggest to buy them their own soap and towel to make it a bit more exciting, there are really nice ones for children. And just remind them each time they go to the loo after a while they will do it automatically.

anyagujraalanyagujraal
posted 2 years 4 months ago
@UHHannah Nice Idea!!!

debrahatfieldebrahatfiel
posted 2 years 4 months ago
Yes it's a very nice idea of having a soap of their interest or favorite character. It will surely attract them.

rz3300rz3300
posted 1 year 10 months ago
In my experience having soap that the kids may see as interesting is a helpful tool. It may sound weird, but normal bar soap or plain pink soap is not that exciting for a younger child, so having a foamy soap was always good for me to have on hand. It makes washing their hands more fun, and thus they are more likely to do it, although you do have to make sure it is not too much fun.

purplepen88purplepen88
posted 1 year 9 months ago
I agree with the fun soap. I take my youngest who is 6 to Bath and Body Works store. He smells all the different pump soaps and then picks out his favourite ones. They are so fragrant that I know if he has used by just smelling his hands. My son also knows I'm going to check so there is no getting away from it. It's so important to get kids into good habits when they are young. I've also explained to my kids the health aspect of washing hands and keeping germs out of our body. Check you tube there are some great videos out there on hygiene that you could have your kids watch too.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews