Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Early bleeding - trying not to worry

Lauren1989Lauren1989
posted 5 years 5 months ago
Hi everybody,
Trying to find out a little about your experiences and hopefully get a bit of comfort. I'm roughly 7 weeks pregnant at the moment with my first baby. Was at work this morning, when I nipped to the loo I noticed I was spotting. Without gettin too graphic, there wasn't a great deal of blood there, just pinky coloured discharge. Even so, I panicked! Rang the community midwife and they said I needed to ring the early pregnancy assessment unit to get an urgent appointment, which made me worry even more! Couldn't get in touch with the EPAU so was told to go to a&E. Went to hospital, there was no more signs of bleeding, just why had been there before. Dr took a urine sample and felt my stomachs. Was told its not really anything to be concerned about but just as a precaution I have been made an appointment at the EPAU for a scan next Wednesday. When got home, had slightly more of the pink fluid again, but it stopped as soon as it started. I'm probably overreacting, but this is my first pregnancy and I don't know whats normal. Also, what's concerning me is that I've been having really bad back ache and a bit of tummy discomfort (wouldn't call it pain, more like I've done too many sit ups or something!) was wondering if you guys had spotting and if it was similar, also if anyone got similar discomfort. I'm driving myself insane! Sorry for huge block of text, just going on a worried rant. Lauren xx

Join JustParents to remove this advert

GTTkelGTTkel
Around 6-7 weeks pregnant many women get what's called an 'implantation bleed' which is where your baby is embedding in the womb properly. I had it with the first of my three pregnancies. My best friend is expecting her first baby and she called me upset and worried the other week with the same as you have described but it all turned out fine.

Really you only need to worry if there is bright fresh red blood. If it's brownish/pink and more of a discharge it is probably more to do with hormone changes in the body. Hope this helps and hope all is well with the pregnancy.

Lauren1989Lauren1989
Thanks, that's helps a lot Smile I know I'm being over cautious more thank likely LOL x

anyagujraalanyagujraal
posted 2 years 4 months ago
My sister spotted in her early pregnancy. But bleeding in early pregnancy is bcz of implantation bleeding, cervical or vaginal infection. It is good to intimate a doctor. I read online like sometimes it may be a sign of ectopic pregnancy. In these sources they explained very well about possible causes of bleeding in early pregnancy and when to worry
http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/bleeding-during-pregnancy
http://www.momjunction.com/articles/causes-of-vaginal-bleeding-during-pregnancy_006554/

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews