Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Two year old wont eat!

TinaWylie15TinaWylie15
posted 5 years 8 months ago
My two year old son won't eat. He simply picks at food and gets incredibly angry if we try to feed him. He throws a tantrum and will throw the food on the floor and lash out at us. I know most kids have problems with eating at some point but this is with every meal. It is really starting to get my and my fiance down.

Please any advice would be amazing!

Join JustParents to remove this advert

GTTkelGTTkel
posted 5 years 8 months ago
I have found my children going through phases with their eating. I would say the best you can do is to cut out snacks so that your child is hungry. If your child shows an interest in eating earlier than your usual meal time then sit at the table together and really praise when he sits nicely and eats his meal. Give him a very small portion which he can easily finish and that may lead to him asking for more. Maybe let him help you. I know he is too young too cook but perhaps let him lay the food out on the plate or get him involved with helping you so he finds food interesting.
Also as I saw in your other post that you have a 6 week old aswell, it could be the change in home life. Children respond in different ways and even if they are coping really well with the changes it can still affect their behaviour. I know it's frustrating when they wont eat but there will be other times when you can not re-fill your cupboards quick enough as he wont stop eating.

textchxtextchx
posted 4 years 10 months ago
Hi there,

I also had a 2 year old kid. I also experienced with the one your'e going through. When I gave birth to my 2nd baby last july, my eldest son don't want to eat and throws his food to us. I think, this might be due to sibling rivalry. He just wanted an attention. When there is a new baby in the family, the toddler really acts this way. Sometimes, they could be more affectionate and loving and shows much interest with the baby. However, there are times also that they might feel rejected and in the reason why they are acting such way that makes us mad.

mclainmclain
posted 4 years 6 months ago
Don't give up. Baby should be give various type of food on regular. Avoid giving the same taste of food. Teach the baby regarding various types of fruits and vegetables. And do little bit experiment with your cooking.

SarahwillSarahwill
posted 2 years 8 months ago
Try feeding your baby with diff kinds of healthy foods like carrots, apples .. that means mix of fruits and vegs. Some salads with out sauces

deenamathewdeenamathew
posted 2 years 8 months ago
Even i had the similar issue as my kid will not have any food. I started feeding fruits, carrots, potatoes. I use to grind the food with the boiled carrots and potatoes. Now he have better than before.

deenamathewdeenamathew
posted 2 years 2 months ago
This happens with me also. My DS would not eat anything what ever he has he spit. It is very difficult to feed him. I have planned to take him out for playing with other kids. This has been working for me though it takes lot of time to feed.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews