Hi all,

Well, this is my 2nd attempt at this as my computer is acting up! We had our 2nd visit to the midwife today, and haven't things changed? Well my son is 18! But I can't believe the difference!

My midwife seems lovely, quiet but nice. Shes done the bloods, talked to me about breast feeding etc, so can't fault her.

One thing that has changed is that you don't seem to get as many visits as you did then, hardly any infact. Not the midwifes fault but I supposed their resources are so stretched that it is the best we can expect. Have been advised that if I have any problems or worries to contact my gp. Well after trying to conceive for 6 years, 3 IVF attempts, giving up then managing against all the odds to conceive, of course I have worries! The only things I have to keep me from becoming totally stressed and paranoid about every little ache and pain is the (infrequent) midwife appointments and the internet!

So, on reflection it seems that a lot has changed in the last 18 years and not all for the best.

Well heres looking forward to my scan in a fortnight! Excited and scared!