Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Vegan diet for 6 months+

KylieAKylieA
posted 7 years 3 weeks ago
Hi everybody!

I'm seriously thinking about raising my child on a vegan diet after reading various books about the amazing health benefits. But, already im starting to think that i may struggle with amount of time i need to prepare all of his food at home.

Before i go full steam ahead with this, are there any other challenges i might encounter by raising my child on a vegan diet?

Trust me, ALL info will be much appreciated!!!
Shrug

Join JustParents to remove this advert

ElementaryElementary
Dunno about vegan, but my daughter was raised vegetarian (and she is now so proud to tell everyone - she's 7) - but I guess it was slightly easier - aren't there recipie books about - I know there were lots for veggie babies!

jo-jojo-jo
We didnt bring our children up vegeterian/vegan,but i have found some great vegeterian recipies on the internet. We try to alternate one week with meat in our diet and one week without so far it has worked for us and there have been times where we have gone without meat in our diet for a month and the children have not even noticed.
I like the thai tofu stirfry.

matsukenmatsuken
posted 6 years 8 months ago
Very interesting about vegan diet. I used to vegeterian recipes.

kristagkristag
posted 6 years 8 months ago
Just be careful that your little one gets all the right nutrients and vitamins. You don't want to have to try and give them supplements as well. A friend of a friend was vegan and tried to raise her baby on such a diet and it really, in her case, wasn't in the little ones best interest so she had to put aside her own desires and offer a wider choice for her baby. Hope you find something that suits you.

mclainmclain
posted 4 years 2 months ago
In the beginning you should start with liquefied food of three spoonful with breastfeeding. Even you can use your finger to give food to your baby, if your baby is not eating food with the spoon.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews