Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

flying with baby

ambigram99ambigram99
posted 7 years 9 months ago
hi,
I'm a new member of this forum and sincerely need advice.I've a 5 months old boy with whom I have to travel a long distance in coming February.I have to travel to USA.I have the following questions:
1. Which Airlines is most child friendly?
2.Can I arrange beforehands with the airlines about my child's requirements?
3.I'm quite apprehensive about safety of my child?Any do's and don'ts regarding this?
4.How can I arrange feeds for him in the airlines specially when you're not allowed to bring any liquid with you?
5. Can you arrange prams in the airports?
Any response will be most appreciated.
bye Confused

Join JustParents to remove this advert

WelshMumWelshMum

ambigram99 said:
hi,
I'm a new member of this forum and sincerely need advice.I've a 5 months old boy with whom I have to travel a long distance in coming February.I have to travel to USA.I have the following questions:
1. Which Airlines is most child friendly?
2.Can I arrange beforehands with the airlines about my child's requirements?
3.I'm quite apprehensive about safety of my child?Any do's and don'ts regarding this?
4.How can I arrange feeds for him in the airlines specially when you're not allowed to bring any liquid with you?
5. Can you arrange prams in the airports?
Any response will be most appreciated.
bye Confused

Hi there,

We travelled to Venice (only an hour and a half flight but I think the regulations would be the same anyway) when Jessica was 5 months old and we went with Easyjet- they were pretty good.

What requirements do you mean?

As for safety, they'll give you a baby belt that attaches to yours for take-off and landing.

With the feeds, you can take them with you but they have to taste the milk when you go thru- I'm nursing anyway so didn't have that issue but I read up on it for Jess' jar foods which again you can bring with you but they have to taste if opened before you get to the departure lounge.

Hope I've helped you in some way?

Louise x

cocococo
Hi,

You can ask the aircraft (when you book) for a baby 'bed' or 'cradle' they'll give you the place at the front, where there's room for that. Obviously, it's first come first served when flight is booked.
as for liquid milk etc; you can usually buy from boots once pas security. Yuo can call them to check what they sell.
You can take a minimum amount with you, but they'll get you to taste it. So you're best taking powder milk, and can obviously buy bottled water once through security.
You can take your pushchair or baby car seat with you.

have a good trip!

lovingitlovingit
Just got back from France and took our little man who is 4 mths old. Flight was great, gave him a bottle on take off and landing just to ensure he was preoccupied and he slept during the middle part of the flight. Took his car seat and wheels with us which went through the scanner and the flight staff then took everything as we were about to board the plane. I ordered his baby milk from boots a week before to pick up after security, but on our return took the milk powder as well just in case I couldn't get the carton milk through security but they didn't want me to test it!! Thumbs Up . Hope this helps but everyone was really helpful and went out of their way to help so don't worry. I was surprised how easy it was!

ambigram99ambigram99
A lot of thanks to Welshmum, coco and lovingit.I replied pretty soon. Didn't I? No, actually I had a bad tummy bug and was unwell for last 2 wks.
but thanks again.

shortie2shortie2
enjoy yourself and hope baby enjoys the flight Thumbs Up

mclainmclain
posted 4 years 6 months ago
For many parents flying with babies is quite challenging. One should consider some things while flying with babies like diapers, wet issues, clothes, New and exciting toys, Bibs to protect the clothes,Favorite toy or teddy bear and cloth diapers.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews