Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Plastic or wooden?

indre0922indre0922
posted 7 years 4 months ago
Recently I have been thinking a lot about toys for our little ones. Which ones do you usually buy: plastic ones, or wooden toys? Why? Happy

Join JustParents to remove this advert

milkymummilkymum
It depends on the child I am buying for? If it is my RB or EJ I buy plastic as they have a habit of throwing there toys especially EJ but for LC I have to buy wooden as she brakes plastic toys. I also have to make sure things like dolls pushchairs are mainly metal because of this. Also not rteally on the line here but tonka toys they say they are indistuctable then why is it LC destroyed RB's tonka truck in 2 hours? I contacted tonka and informed them of this and they sent me a free-post label for me to send the toy back and they sent a replacement because of the toy only having been used for a total of 36 hours. But fisher-price are good so far my LC hasn't broke her dolls house I bought her 3 years ago for her 2nd birthday and that is plastic

indre0922indre0922
I myself used to buy plastic toys, but they would not last. Just recently I have discovered how educating and cute wooden toys r. Even my colleagues at work loved them (and we do have different mind about that).

ElementaryElementary
Wooden toys are supposed to be better because they are more textural Neutral

SamuelSamuel
Wooden mainly, obviously you can't really have a wooden dolly or pushchair!

SimonBlossomSimonBlossom
posted 5 years 5 months ago
Wood every time - there's a real charm about them and they last for ages!

JhonnyJhonny
posted 5 years 1 week ago
Plastic because wooden will moisten when getting wet thus will be a good environment for bacteria to grow. And plastics are more easy to clean..

twink890twink890
posted 1 year 1 month ago
I use plastic as well, because it's more hygienic. It's easier to clean and to sterilise.

MamaGuaranaMamaGuarana
posted 1 month 2 weeks ago
Def, wooden Smile

MMartellMMartell
posted 1 month 5 days ago
I prefer plastic toys since it is safer and easier to clean.Molds can develop on wood too and it can seriously harm your baby..

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews