Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

excercising while pregnant

rococorococo
posted 7 years 9 months ago
I'm gettin a bit big now, and it's starting to effect the way i excercise. People keep telling me i should be excercising so much if i'm pregnant. Obvioulsy i tell them their full of rubbish and even my GP has a agreed that it would be benefiacial to all of us to carry on excercising.

I would like to know what i should and what i shouldn't be doing if possible. My doc said excercise bike would be really good, so i've been hitting that for like an hour a day. Although it gets a bit boring day in day out.

So has anyone got any good excercises that i could get on with? I was thinking about Yoga, is that any good for pregnancies? Shrug

Join JustParents to remove this advert

milkymummilkymum
posted 7 years 9 months ago
When I was pregnant with the twins I continued doing most of my exercise routes. I stopped doing abdo work completely and any exercisers that needed me to use my abdo muscles but I continued going to the gym, yoga and jogging. I informed my gym instructor and yoga instructor that I was pregnant and they just adapted my route around the pregnancy. I stopped jogging at around 16 weeks as it was proving to much work and I was getting out of breathe a lot quicker so just changed jogging to power-walking. I also suffered with terrible SPD from 7 weeks and that also hindered the routes I was able to do. I would continue excercising but listen to your body very closely. Stop when your body says enough even if you have only done a 5 minute work out.

Lau_speaksLau_speaks
posted 7 years 3 months ago
Hello there

I have been cycling a fair bit at five months pregnant. I find a gentle bike ride nice but I've cut down the mileage and the hilly routes I used to take.

lau

anyagujraalanyagujraal
posted 2 years 2 months ago
I prefer walking and swimming, the best exercises you can carry out. These two exercises are safe and comfortable to stay fit during the pregnancy.

LenoreHaighLenoreHaigh
posted 7 months 3 weeks ago
I second swimming. And also, yoga. Just Google for the best yoga postures for pregnancy. I was going to post a link to one but I can't yet LOL

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews