Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

What age did your baby stand to try and 'stand'?

kristagkristag
posted 8 years 3 days ago
I know all kiddies are different.

Jasmine was standing by 9 months and walking confidently on her own by 1 year.

Sophie has no interest in standing at all and if you try and get her to do it she just giggles and pulls her legs up under her or does block splits Whistling

I just wondered at what age people here found their little ones were keen to stand.

We have one baby of nearly 9 months in our post-natal group who is now walking! None of us could believe it but she was pulling herself up by 6 months and starting to cruise the furniture! The boys are mostly happy to stand (supported of course) on laps all the time and most are crawling. Sophie also doesn't crawl yet. She pushes herself around backwards (quite funny) and bum shuffles to what she wants Very Happy

Join JustParents to remove this advert

soupsoup
posted 8 years 2 days ago
vcitor was the same as jas and charlie was pulling himself up to standing at 6 months Shocked

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
hiya hun my lil girl was walking just before her 1st bday but my son is standing and walking holding onto to things and trys walking on his own he started pulling himself up on things at 9-10months. i think it really is every child is diff and just being patient keep trying to stand them up and getting them to walk between you n partner etc.. thats all we're doing with toby xx

AlexAlex Moderator
Joseph walked 2 days after he was 9mths. He was sitting up unaided at 5mths and crawling by 7mths, he was pulling himself up at about the 7mths aswell.

jo-jojo-jo
posted 7 years 11 months ago
Vic was also 10 months when he started walking he was crawling very early.Samuel is now 12 months old and only just "worming LOL"not even crawling. He has just in the past week started pulling himself up on the chairs and standing.I know all children are different with development so it doesnt worry me at all he will get it in his own time.We also have a 8 month old at swimming that is sterting to walk unaided it looks sureal LOL.

LucyLucy
Both of mine wanted to stand at about 7 months and Tom walked at 9, Gemma walked at 11

samtiffsamtiff
I asked my Mum about this and apparently my brother, who is now nearly 40, did not crawl or shuffle or cruise but at 18 months old, having made no effort to move before, got up in the local park and ran off to play football with some other children!!!!!
She was a bit shocked to say the least.

candgsmumcandgsmum
Charlotte could sit up at 3 months (yes was a it of a shock to us too LOL), she could pull herself up from 9 months, pretty much after she learned to crawl and began to take her first wobbly steps around her first birthday but was 13 months before she started walking more confidently.

George sat up unaided from 5ish months and learned to crawl properly soon after, before that he'd army crawl LOL! George was a lot more independent in his getting up, he preferred to do walking etc on his own steam, he didn't like people helping him. He was around the same age as Charlotte walking.

I've seen an 8 month old running around before, that was just weird LOL

LihraLihra
meleah was walking at 7mnths but has not started talking yet 18mnths (only dada)
alisa was only crawling at 1 year and didnt walk until 18mnths but was stringing 3 word sentances (that made sence) together at 1year.

number2cominnumber2comin
posted 7 years 10 months ago
Kel started walking unassisted by 9 1/2 months.

WelshMumWelshMum
posted 7 years 10 months ago
James started walking unaided the day before his 1st birthday, but Gem was about 16 months before she walked by herself- she shuffled mostly until then. Jessica has been pushing herself up on my lap for a month or so now, loves to be on her feet! Think she may beat James' record for 1st unaided steps- but I can't imagine her running around at 8 months!! Shocked

babyonboardbabyonboard
posted 7 years 9 months ago
It was bang on my daughters first birthday that she took her first steps. didn't take her long to pick it up, but t plenty of bending down holding hands style back ache

milkymummilkymum
posted 7 years 9 months ago
My LC was walking confidental on her own by the time she was 11 months She was standing un-supported by 8 months she completely missed trying to stand but then she was and still is a very clever forward little girl.

But my sons were later, RB stood at 12 months and started walking at 13 months again completely missed the training to stand and first steps as his first steps was 12 steps after his mamar-pat and EJ he was the slowest out them all. He tried standing at 12 months, stood un-supported at 14 months, tried walking at 15 months and didn't take is first un-support step until he was nearly 17 months. Again he has done and still does veerything slower than a normal boy of his age and is delaied in all areas of development but I have been reasured this could be a side-effect of his epileptic episodes

cuddlycutebacuddlycuteba
posted 7 years 2 months ago
my son was 9 months old when he tried to stand.
and could perfectly stand in 10 months.
he also used to take the support of things near him and try to take some steps.

OneiOnei
posted 7 years 3 weeks ago
Both of mine were walking fairly well by the time they were 1.

jallardycejallardyce
posted 7 years 1 week ago
My boys was soooo slow, he was happy and content to just watch the world go by!

keriikerii
posted 6 years 9 months ago
Hello,
Yes all babies are not same. many child started walking at 10-11 months while some walk at 15 or more. so it depend on there like and other things.

thanks!!

TandTTandT
posted 6 years 1 month ago
Mine was walking with a stroller a good few months before she could even stand by herself. She stood by herself for the first time at 1 year 1 month at her great grandmother's funeral, so all the attention was on her and she brought light relief to the whole affair. She was walking within about a month after that, there is now no stopping her.

AlenaScottAlenaScott
posted 5 years 8 months ago
He started trying at 8months and then went on to stand on his own by one year....

shortie2shortie2
posted 5 years 8 months ago
My daughter was 10 months but walking around the 11month mark

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews