Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

No movement, worried and scared

BambiBambi
posted 8 years 2 months ago
Hi all

I'm 20 weeks now, and all has been very easy so far. Last weekend, I got horrible pains in my lower tummy, like really bad period pains. I've had a lot of wind throughout and put it down to that, although I did need to take paracetemol for the pain. Tha baby was just starting to get quite active, but I haven't felt any movement since. I've been feeling a little down all week, and decided today to call the maternity unit to see what they thought. They have told me to come straight in to check for a heartbeat and now I'm really worried that my fears are coming tue, and I'm about to be told really bad news.

I'm not able to get to the hospital for a few hours yet, so the scan unit will be shut. All they will be able to do is listen for a heartbeat this evening. I have been trying to listen out for a heart beat myself with a monitor I bought at Boots and should have been able to hear it this week, but all still silent.

Has anyone else gone through this? Am I being paranoid - this is my first - or should I listen to my instincts and set myself up for a major disoppointment?

Really nervous and looking for some reassurance or practical advice, as I'm driving myself crazy at the moment!

Thanks!

Join JustParents to remove this advert

ElinElin
Hey hey. Sometimes i could not feel my baby boy. But then he did move alot wen i was asleep and thats why i did not feel. I hope its the same for you. Jump on the sofa and see some TV and take it easy. Know it can be hard but its the best for you. It can maybe be that you have hade much to do so you dont have time too feel your baby.

I wish you all luck// Hugs Elin

AlexAlex Moderator
My wee boy went very quiet (later on though, he was always active in the morning and one day there was nothing) I was taken to the maternity unit and put on a CTG trace- was never offered a scan. The trace showed I was having movements and I was sent home again.

Hope everything is ok with you and you get to the unit soon.

BambiBambi
Thanks guys, that's what I needed to hear!
As it turned out, thankfully all seems to be fine. The midwife at the maternity unit found the heartbeat easily and said it was a perfectly normal rate. Never been so relieved of anything in my life!

Think the next time I get such bad cramps I'll call the midwife there and then rather than spend a week stressing out. And I think I'l throw away the heart monitor I bought at Boots that doesn't seem to work! LOL

Feel a bit silly for panicing so much, but still beieve it's important to listen to your instincts. Scan in 2 weeks, so fingers crossed for more reasurance of all being well then too!

ElinElin
Aww glad to hear Thumbs Up

shortie2shortie2
glad everything was good in the end.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews