Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

My baby boy is finally here!

mkbabymkbaby
posted 8 years 3 months ago
Hello everyone,

After a gruelling 3 days of induction, CHarlie David Hutchings was born at 1.14am on 19th June weighing a lovely 7lb4.

I was induced with 3 prostins that got me dilated as far as 2 cm so then had my waters broken which managed to get me to 3. I was then put on a drip which gave me strong contractions that led me through gas and air, meptid and finally caved for an epidural. However, this didnt work properly first time and I only went numb one side and every contraction gave me severe hip pain that reduced me to tears. They resighted the epidural which was awful and then wasn't connected properly so I could still feel pain in my hip. At this point they were getting ready to take me to theatre under a general anasthetic and the midwife noticed that on the monitor I was contrating but that I could no longer feel anything. They had sorted my epidural and spinal block at last.
Anyway, they left me for a while to see how I would progress but everyone was pretty sure a c section was imminent. After 2 hours, baby's heart rate dropped with a couple of contractions so the midwife called the doctor in to assess. He decided to check how i was doing and within those 2 hours i had gone from 3cm to 10. All was back on, they left me for an hour so baby could move down a bit more and at midnight they told me to start pushing, hard work when you cant feel anything. I had a good go at pushing him out but it was too much and although he was crowning he wasnt coming quick enough. He was eventually born with forceps at 1.14am. I had an episiotomy which didnt stretch with delivery and was stitched up.
Not the nice natural water birth I had hoped for and was in fact a rather traumatic experience but I am so pleased my little man is here and I love him to bits.
Sorry if its a bit all over the place but my head is a bit all over the place.
Much love to all xxx

Join JustParents to remove this advert

laineyklaineyk
Congratulations! Clapping

WolfblassWolfblass
Yaaaaay Welcome Baby Charlie Thumbs Up Clapping

shortie2shortie2
welcome baby Charlie

congratulations...hope you both are keeping well.

Flower Hug

AlexAlex Moderator
Baby Congrautlations Baby

samtiffsamtiff
posted 8 years 2 months ago
Congratulations and well done...... I hope you are enjoying your first few days. Smile

LihraLihra
congratulations. sorry you didnt have the birth you were expecting but all is well at least

WelshMumWelshMum
Congratulations! Baby

Lou xx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews