Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

I've done it now....

orc30orc30
posted 8 years 5 months ago
Since moving to Cardiff I have been planning to get a personal trainer for a while to try and push me that extra bit to make some progress. Well on Saturday I over did it a bit and injured my shoulder/upper arm which stopped me mountain biking on Sunday. Tonight I went back to the gym for the first time and did some gentle exercise. Whilst there one of the personal trainers came up to me (had met him previously and talked about getting some sessions) and so we started talking. Anyway one thing lead to another and now I've booked up my first session. Hopefully this will give me the push I need to make some progress.
I was going to put it off until my quarterly bonus comes through at the end of May, but I got an extra bonus of £500 coming in April's pay packet so that will cover the PT cost plus a little extra to go on the credit card, so I don't feel so guilty.

Join JustParents to remove this advert

AlexAlex Moderator
Good luck Owen. A personal trainer would be great.

eamesy88eamesy88
- My blog
Excellent hope it all goes well

SummerSummer
That's great!!! You'll get the results you want with a PT.

orc30orc30
posted 8 years 4 months ago

Summer said:
That's great!!! You'll get the results you want with a PT.

I'm hoping so. Saturday is just around the corner now. Celebrating my PT session by going to a beer festival to undo all the good work. Cuckoo Thumbs Up

SummerSummer
That's not a good thing if you want to lose weight but at least you're doing something! Yes

orc30orc30

Summer said:
That's not a good thing if you want to lose weight but at least you're doing something! Yes

Maybe not the best thing I agree, but got to do some fun things otherwise all the work is for nothing. I only had a few as the German beer wasn't particularly appetising.

PT session was tough yeaterday morning. The PT wanted to find my limits. Frankly I think he pushed me beyond them as I was physically ill afterwards. However I'm looking forward to being pushed hard and seeing some improvements from it.

milkymummilkymum
posted 8 years 1 month ago
How are things going Owen? I'm just browsing through the firums at the moment and after reading your post I thought wow what a bloke and I wonder how things are going for him. So thought I would post and see how things are going. I'm plannin gon re-starting my weight-loss mission in 5 weeks after I have had my 6 week post-natal check up.

orc30orc30
posted 8 years 1 month ago
Well I'm still pushing myself hard and working with the PT to improve things. Work is getting in the way at the moment with increased travelling plus I'm still trying to sort out my old house so that I can get it rented out. Just not enough hours in the day!
I still feel like I haven't lost any weight as it fluctuates week to week up/down 3lbs, but I did get down to 14 stone 13 lbs a couple of week ago which I've never seen on the scales before (primarily because as when the weight was going on I never looked at a set of scales).
PT is pushing me hard and my strength is improving and I'm using spin classes at the gym to up my cardio to try and burn the calories. At some point I need to review my diet again as things have slipped a little on that front. More time needed!!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews