Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Help... 15 Month Old Waking in Night A LOT

number2cominnumber2comin
posted 8 years 6 months ago
Help?? Shrug
My lil girly is 15 1/2 months and she goes down in her crib with out a problem at bedtime after her bathtime, a book in her rockingchair and a bottle, but now she has been waking up about 2 to 3 hours after bedtime screaming Scared and she wont settle back in even after I or her daddy rocks her or gives her another milk... she just gets up in her crib screaming for us like she is being hurt. Sad I thought it was her molars coming... I gave her tylenol but nothing helps. Unsure Has anything like this happened around this age for any of your lil ones? Shrug Is it a phase? Shrug Should we be doing something different? Shrug Should we let her sleep with us or let just scream bloody murder for 2 hours? Shrug

I wish she could tell us. Sad She just says "mama" or "daddy" or " out" or "hug" and we rock and cuddle her Hug and love her Love and make sure she has her paci and put her back but it starts again. Crying

Join JustParents to remove this advert

Black-WiddowBlack-Widdow
Maybe she's having nighmares or has suddenly become afraid of the dark? Try a little plug-in night light.

I know how you feel. Our two year old occasionally does this and our ten month old has just started sleeping through the night! Little booger got very accustomed to his 3am feed!

SamuelSamuel
It is the age where some children develop separation anxiety, how long has it been happening? Has anything changed in the bedtime routine?

WelshMumWelshMum
For a while when I left my eldest 2 children's father, I had my little girl in with me as there wasn't an extra bedroom (besides the 1 my son was using) at my Dad's- she was about the same age as your little girl at the time. I was a bit concerned that she may be difficult to move to her own bedroom in the future, I shared a room with her for 18 months before I moved out. Luckily, she was no trouble at all. I don't think it would do any harm to have her sleep in with you for a little while, like Samuel said- could be seperation anxiety?

Lou x

number2cominnumber2comin
Yes, it is continuing. I don't know if it is separation anxiety because she does not do it during any other time of day. And she is totally comfortable with others. She went thru separation aniety around 9-12 months but all during the day... would not let ANYONE be near her without screaming except me. She was effected when we lost Jake... she felt MY upset, but not for long and that seemed to only last a week maybe 2. I have been think on this, since my sis is carrying a child now for us, even tho it is a happy thing, I may still be giving off "nervous, shakey" vibes that she is sensing. We have been ending up either getting her and bringing her in bed with us or I or daddy will rock her in her recliner rocker and sleep there. She just is so clingy. I would say it is her molars coming in but she sleeps fine WITH us holding her or next to her.
Toddlers Crazy

SummerSummer
Maybe she's having nightmares.... My mum said I used to scream till I turned 6.... I don't know what to say because my DD never did that, only when she was sick. xx

number2cominnumber2comin
OK... our little princess is just 15 1/2 months old and I still consider her my sweet babygirl Love but apparently SHE DOESN'T! No Sad Unsure I have been so baffled Scared by her screaming bloody murder shortly after being put to bed in her crib... I actually had the idea to go out and by her a toddler bed. And do you what? She jumped right in the darn thing and snuggled in and said "nite nite". HUH??????????????????? Shocked Unsure Embarassed Shrug We were stunned. She slept all night without a problem and has for 2 nights. Thumbs Up Clapping Apparently she HATES her crib or has become scared of it. I cannot believe its this simple. But this is my babygirl here... in a toddler bed. Growing up? No way. No Crying But we now have a gate in her doorway so she can't escape... Razz
Anyway I am happy we found out what the problem was... but sad she has moved to a toddler bed so young.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews