Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Who is your agony aunt?

GTTkelGTTkel
posted 8 years 7 months ago
When you have a really big issue in your life, not just a short term problem but one of the BIG ones where you really need to go through a long thought process and lots of emotions to get to your solution (or atleast try and find a solution) do you talk? Who do you talk to? A certain person? Or does the person depend on the problem? Or do you keep it in and allow yourself your own time to process?

I'm awful, I'm a bottler and I was talking to my friend earlier who will happily off load anything and I'm happy to listen. But then I'm thinking why don't I off load? Who would I say it all to anyway? There are people who would listen but I choose to keep quiet. What are the rest of you like?

Join JustParents to remove this advert

AlexAlex Moderator
I tell my best friend everything, and vice versa.

We met 16 nearly 17 years ago when we moved from Primary to secondary school (the catchment area for our academy covers 9 villages/towns so when you move up you meet heaps of new people)

I would be lost without her, we have been through so much together and I think we will go through alot more.

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
My 5 BFF's and you guys! Love I'm definately not a bottler!! (no, really, I'm not Rolling Eyes )

candgsmumcandgsmum
My best mate, we've known each other for 13 years now, and she off loads on me too.

My mum also is great just to just have a general sound off to Smile Love

If I need to off load about Martin, and I've tried to talk to him and he hasn't listened, I'm a bit naughty and tell his mum! If she agrees with what I'm saying she will sort him out Embarassed I sound a right grass Embarassed

SamuelSamuel
If it is something that is bothering me I'll tell Frank first, if it is Frank being mardy/a big baby then I'll talk/moan to my mam or sister, it used to be Franks dad too.

jo-jojo-jo
My BF Catty (Cathy LOL)she will sit and listen for hours dry my tears laugh with me have a good old bitch session about my DH and not pass judgment on anything or anyone.She will offer advise or her oppinion but not push me into making decicions she is my rock!! Love
I also off load alot on Jp LOL or my mum and sister Thumbs Up
When im not mad at him i talk to Justin alot LOL.

samtiffsamtiff
My husband mainly cause he is ace at listening and helping me see clearly without pushing me in any direction. He is my closest friend as well as my hubby so he knows the most about me and how I react to stuff.

My Mum with some stuff although she can be a bit judgemental and hard on me.

My BF Katie with others, she knows all my secrets and as such can be tactful.

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
I am also a bottler. I tend to be the one that everybody tells their problems too and i help them through whatever drama they are having at the time. I am just that sort of person and i like helping others, infact it kind of helps me realise sometimes that my problems are just trivial anyway in comparison.
I do have a couple of people i trust enough to tell my problems too but i tend not to. I also find it hard as most of my very good friends live in london still so i can't see them very often. It does depend on the problem too, i talk to my mum a lot and Mike obviously (unless he is the problem! Rolling Eyes LOL)
I have to confess i do sometimes find it easier to talk to people i don't know as you can get unbiased answers and their honest reply. If you are really close to someone you are trying to talk to they sometimes answer you with what they think you want to hear rather than their honest opinion. This is one of the things that is so great about JP, you know you will get a range of oninions and advice on any problems you may be having! Thumbs Up

orc30orc30
Another bottler here! My best mate is useless on anything of any importance so can't talk to him about anything. Of the two mates I have in Cardiff, one is an ex, so talking to her about certain things just doesn't seem right and the other is difficult to get any face time with (the last time I saw her was September/October) but she is somebody I feel I could talk to about anything when we do meet up.

When I really need to vent I end up on here. So thanks guys for the support.

daisy33daisy33
I am def not a bottla!!!

I have some wonderful friends who i would talk to about things who are fab listeners. Pretty certain we tell each other everything.

It does you good to talk and get a Hug from time to time

I do talk to hubby too of course

And all of you on here are fab

xxxxxxxxxx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews