Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Boys names - Suggestions please!

mkbabymkbaby
posted 8 years 9 months ago
After my rant earlier in the week I have out myself into a very positive mood and am focusing all my thoughts and feelings in a very positive way. How long this will last I don't know but as I keep telling myself, there are worse things going on in the world.

Anyway, now we know we are having a boy we are struggling a little with names. We like Lewis, Charlie and Oliver but still, I'm not sure if any of these are the names I want for my little boy.

Please all post any boys names you think are nice and put up as many as you can. I know this is prob a roundabout way of doing things but I'm tired of books and baby name websites. I want real people to be involved and it could also be a bit of fun.

Hope u all ok.

Love Fi xxxxx


AlexAlex Moderator
posted 8 years 9 months ago
Lewis Charlie and Oliver are more traditional names, is that the kind of name you like or do you like modern more unusual names or are you open to either?

AlexAlex Moderator
posted 8 years 9 months ago
I like Lewis but like Connor it is not a name I would pick myself (as a teacher Lewis and Connor are names usually associated with behaviour and the names are remembered!)

I like:

Thomas
Ben or Benjamin
I love tradional names associated with Scotland: Angus, Stuan, Euan, Hamish.
I have heard a few Welsh names I like aswell (In apologise for the spellings if I am wrong) Keithen,Cai.

mkbabymkbaby
posted 8 years 9 months ago
I don't think I have a preferance for traditional or unusual. At the beginning he would have been Jayden Lewis but my sister reckons the name Jayden comes with an asbo and although I don't really care too much I don't want her to refer to him as asbo child like she did all day xmas day, even though at that stage we didnt know if we were having a boy or girl. Families hey?!

AlexAlex Moderator
posted 8 years 9 months ago
I think of Jayden being a girls name but probably because I know a girl called Jayden

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
posted 8 years 9 months ago
Glad you are feeling a litle better hun. I also struggles with boys names when i was having both of mine and i didn't know what we were having either time. I like Benjamin too, i also like Callum, Kai, Joshua, Caleb (Jake was very nearly caleb), Liam, Noah, Jacob, Joseph, Charlie, Harry, Jack, Kieran. I think i must have quite old fashioned taste in a lot of boys names? I still found it really hard coming to a decision with boys names though. Although i liked names, i could imagine my son with any of the names i liked Shrug It didn't help hat i was convinced we were having a girl second time around either. In the end my DF chose Jake and we stuck with that or i think i would still be deliberating now - 1yr on!! Embarassed LOL

KayleighKayleigh
posted 8 years 9 months ago
My DS is Charlie

Oliver would be in top of my list. I also like Finley, Thomas, Samuel, Harry, Ethan, Alfie, Zack

WolfblassWolfblass
posted 8 years 9 months ago
I love all of the names you have chosen hun! Very Happy We are 35 weeks and had a name chosen practically all thwe way through til about 31 weeks and we've changed our minds - but still aren;t certain!

Names we like (not necesarilly both of us one or the other) are Harry, Henry, William. Archie, Samuel, Sebastian, Gabriel, Liam, Luke, James, Joseph, Thomas, Saul, Finlay, Flynn, Jesse, Leon, Jacob, Benjamin, Callum, Kane Suspect Zachary or Zacariah (Zac for short), Reuben, Reece,

i'm sure there are plenty more but my mind has gone blank! Very Happy

WolfblassWolfblass
posted 8 years 9 months ago

mkbaby said:
I don't think I have a preferance for traditional or unusual. At the beginning he would have been Jayden Lewis but my sister reckons the name Jayden comes with an asbo and although I don't really care too much I don't want her to refer to him as asbo child like she did all day xmas day, even though at that stage we didnt know if we were having a boy or girl. Families hey?!


My sister is due 4 weeks after me and she likes Jayden or Jay Dylan for a boy - i do agree that every Jayden i have ever met is the outcome of a chavvy one night stand / silly relationship (i hate myself for saying that but it really is true) - and whilst i like the sound of the name i'm not overley keen.

SamuelSamuel
posted 8 years 9 months ago
You have to think about your surname too, my sister was very nearly called Jenny Taylor. At the moment we are thinking of names as number four will be here soon, but nearly everytime we find a girl or boys name we like, either me or Frank know someone with that name who is a complete idiot.
Frank wants Jepha or Aiden for a boy, both associated with bands of course, at least he has gone off the idea of Lennon, I like Ashdon.

AlexAlex Moderator
posted 8 years 9 months ago
but nearly everytime we find a girl or boys name we like, either me or Frank know someone with that name who is a complete idiot.

Thats what happens when you work with kids!!


Frank wants Jepha or Aiden for a boy, both associated with bands of course, at least he has gone off the idea of Lennon, I like Ashdon.


Jepha is different. I have never seen that spelling of Ashdon before only Ashton.

What if baby number 4 is a girl?

WelshMumWelshMum
posted 8 years 9 months ago

Samuel said:
You have to think about your surname too, my sister was very nearly called Jenny Taylor. At the moment we are thinking of names as number four will be here soon, but nearly everytime we find a girl or boys name we like, either me or Frank know someone with that name who is a complete idiot.
Frank wants Jepha or Aiden for a boy, both associated with bands of course, at least he has gone off the idea of Lennon, I like Ashdon.


Took me a few seconds to 'get' Jenny Taylor, bet she's glad they didn't go with that 1! Aiden is a lovely name, go for that!

WelshMumWelshMum
posted 8 years 9 months ago
We have stuck with Lewis Robert for a boy and Jessica Charlotte for a girl- both have sentimental value as well as a bit of fun on our parts as Lewis would be my 'masculine' name and Jessica would be Jer's (or Jezz as we call him) 'feminine' name. Charles is Jer's middle name, and Robert is the middle name (although everyone called him Bob) of Jer's late Dad.

Lou x

SamuelSamuel
posted 8 years 9 months ago

Alex said:
but nearly everytime we find a girl or boys name we like, either me or Frank know someone with that name who is a complete idiot.

Thats what happens when you work with kids!!


Frank wants Jepha or Aiden for a boy, both associated with bands of course, at least he has gone off the idea of Lennon, I like Ashdon.


Jepha is different. I have never seen that spelling of Ashdon before only Ashton.

What if baby number 4 is a girl?

Helena for a girl, my mother is called Helen and Franks was calle Elena.

SamuelSamuel
posted 8 years 9 months ago

WelshMum said:

Samuel said:
You have to think about your surname too, my sister was very nearly called Jenny Taylor. At the moment we are thinking of names as number four will be here soon, but nearly everytime we find a girl or boys name we like, either me or Frank know someone with that name who is a complete idiot.
Frank wants Jepha or Aiden for a boy, both associated with bands of course, at least he has gone off the idea of Lennon, I like Ashdon.


Took me a few seconds to 'get' Jenny Taylor, bet she's glad they didn't go with that 1! Aiden is a lovely name, go for that!

I like that Aiden means, little fiery one.

AlexAlex Moderator
posted 8 years 9 months ago

Samuel said:

Alex said:
but nearly everytime we find a girl or boys name we like, either me or Frank know someone with that name who is a complete idiot.

Thats what happens when you work with kids!!


Frank wants Jepha or Aiden for a boy, both associated with bands of course, at least he has gone off the idea of Lennon, I like Ashdon.


Jepha is different. I have never seen that spelling of Ashdon before only Ashton.

What if baby number 4 is a girl?

Helena for a girl, my mother is called Helen and Franks was calle Elena.


Helena is a lovely name. I know 2 people called it and it really suits them (one is spelt your way and the other is Hellenna- Her family are origially from Poland)

shortie2shortie2
posted 8 years 9 months ago
we've picked lewis for a boy if we have a boy...well i picked as i like it and mark has no choice in the matter hahaha. i like josh or aaron aswell.

WolfblassWolfblass
posted 8 years 9 months ago
I love Aaron too aswell as Lewis Thumbs Up great choices shortie

shortie2shortie2
posted 8 years 9 months ago

Alex said:
but nearly everytime we find a girl or boys name we like, either me or Frank know someone with that name who is a complete idiot.

Thats what happens when you work with kids!!


Frank wants Jepha or Aiden for a boy, both associated with bands of course, at least he has gone off the idea of Lennon, I like Ashdon.


Jepha is different. I have never seen that spelling of Ashdon before only Ashton.

What if baby number 4 is a girl?


you do that aswell?? if someone mentions a name to you and if you ken someone with that name and if you dont like them you then hate the name. haha thought it was just me....

shortie2shortie2
posted 8 years 9 months ago
dunno if its cos am Scottish right but i like lewis cos it minds me of scotland, oh aaron aswell. Only because there an isle of lewis and an isle of aaron.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search forums

Latest Reviews