Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

First scan....so chuffed

shortie2shortie2
posted 8 years 7 months ago
Had my first scan today.. Clapping Clapping

At first i thought Angry Angry theres no a baby there! but there was. I saw the heart flickering away but my exact words were its flashing, Mark piped up at this point and said do you mean the heart? I said thats the very words, LOL. We were so chauffed as we got a little wave from junior so that put a smile on my face anyway Very Happy

The wife doing the scan had asked if it was ok to do an internel as she wasnt completely satisfied. I said yeah that was fine. She still wasnt to satisfied with doing that as she still couldnt get measurements for the baby's (junior) head etc. So ave to go back next week again, dunno the day because they were unable to give me a day, so i need to wait for a letter.

I dont ken about the rest of the Uk but NHS Forth valley (central scotland) dont tell you what your having...but there was no way in telling what we were having anyway. We got a picture of junior.

Sorry as we dont ken the sex of the baby we call it junior although sometimes i say it and the both of us say he or she.

I am 14+6 days so 15 weeks tomorrow. Due the 25th july which is my mums birthday so heres hoping our wee yin is no willing to wait so i can say happy birthday mum heres your grandchild hehe...that would make my mum (and aunt ann as my mum and aunt are twins) birthdays all at once Wish

Join JustParents to remove this advert

laineyklaineyk
Thats fab hun, im due the 20th so your very close to me and not too far distance wise either im in Ayrshire. At your twenty week scan (if they do them) you can ask the sex of the baby, they wont tell you unless you ask. I know some health boards dont do twenty week scans. Im not finding out keeping it a surprise.
Dont you just love those internal scans!!

Good luck with the next scan.

Exx

shortie2shortie2
they do the same up here (20 week scan)....oft dont get me started with that internal scan like..i think its embarrasing like!! but if it means getting to a problem or whatever then fine but no my first choice like...feel it aint right someone prodding about there well maybe expect my BF but part fae that then i dont like it

theres been so many people saying oh have it this day in july cos its my birthday etc ave lost count the amount of folk who's said haha

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Aww that is fab news hun. Lovely that you got a little wave fron your little junior too! Very Happy I hope the next scan goes okay and little junior behaves and lets the sonographer get the correct measurements! At least you will get a chance earlier than normal to see your little one again! Thumbs Up Xx

GTTkelGTTkel
Another July due baby Thumbs Up

samtiffsamtiff
Last edited by samtiff 8 years 7 months ago
Glad you got a wave from your little baba. Sorry to hear about the internal.... eugh! Oh the joys of pregnancy!!!!

AlexAlex Moderator
Sounds like it went well. Baby

I had an internal scan but I was only 9weeks when I went for my staing scan.

I think every health Authority in Scotland is different

I started my care in Dundee where I was given a dating scan

I thin moved to East Lothian and because I had had a dating scan I was entilied to a 20week scan Sad They only scan you once

I then moved home to North Aberdeenhsire and the nice community MW gave me a scan at 24weeks because I hadn't had one at 20 weeks.

They don't tell you the sex up here either now, you have to got for a sexing scan and pay. The local community MW will still tell you if she can clearly see.

WolfblassWolfblass
When i was pg with Georgia-Mae i had a scan at 20 weeks and that was my lot - didn't have another one and they didn't tell you the sex in that area either (Pontefract, West Yorkshire).

To be honest with my first little bundle i loved the surprise of not knowing - it was amazing! xx

ElementaryElementary
I think health authorities are wary of doing too many scans!
Glad it went ok though

shortie2shortie2
can see there point in no telling you the sex if they don't wanna make a mistake like. We're gonna find out anyway by going private. Our nearest place would have to be livingstone though but it'll be worth it..

Was gonna ask a question but what a surprise i've forgot Angry Angry

shortie2shortie2
minded summit else i was gonna say but wasnt the question i was gonna ask anyway the wife that was doing the scan said its lying upside down..so it was like it was doing a handstand inside my womb LOL.

oh right i showed one of my work mates the day rite and she was saying that junior will be left handed! puzzled i asked her how do you ken..she said because the wee yin was to the left of the scan (on my scan the wee yin is on the left well his head its like it was ready to come out if you ken what i mean like) does this mean it will be left handed?? i aint sure Confused Confused

SamuelSamuel
My mother is a midwife, she advises parents not to find out the sex as it is only 55-60% accurate

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Hi hun, in answer to your left/right handed question i would find it very hard to believe that the way the baby is lying is an indicator of whether they are going to be left or right handed. I think we may have heard more about it from professionals if that was the case. It is prob one of those old wives tales like how you carry ie. up front, all round determines the sex, or if the baby's heart rate is over or under so many beats per minute also determines the sex.
Lolly is lefthanded (as am i) and we think Jake is showing more signs of being right handed? During my 12wk scans they were both lying transverse (across my womb) Lolly had her head on the right, Jake on the left? Shrug Who knows though, at the end of the day i suppose she has a chance of being right! LOL Xx

kristagkristag
Great news on the scan Clapping Glad all is going well. Let us know if it's a blue or pink bump Baby

WelshMumWelshMum

shortie2 said:
they do the same up here (20 week scan)....oft dont get me started with that internal scan like..i think its embarrasing like!! but if it means getting to a problem or whatever then fine but no my first choice like...feel it aint right someone prodding about there well maybe expect my BF but part fae that then i dont like it

theres been so many people saying oh have it this day in july cos its my birthday etc ave lost count the amount of folk who's said haha

There'll be a lot more prodding when you go into labour! LOL!

I know what you mean tho, although I had an emergency c-section on James I was in the very early 1st stage about 2 hours before the op and had to have an internal and a catheter fitted by this man with HUGE hands! Luckily when I had Gem I had already had spinal anaesthetic before catheter was put in! Thumbs Up

I know I want a natural delivery if I can this time, but that's 1 thing I am definately not looking forward to!!

Congratulations on 1st scan, I think it depends on the hospital whether they'll attempt to identify the sex for you- when I had James I was in a different hospital to begin with and they wouldn't say then even though I asked. With Gem tho, the other hospital did and they are both Gwent healthcare hospitals.

Lou x

shortie2shortie2
oh great more prodding about up my Angry when am in labour!! Stop can imgiane me in labour shouting at either at mark or the midwife. mark because he was putting me through this or the midwife sticking her hands there. sorry just dont like the sound of it.... but in the end its all worth it Yes

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Trust me on this one hun, when you are in labour and the midwife is doing whatever she is doing you reaaaalllly don't care (especially towards the end) is a little tad weird to start with but after a while you wouldn't care if the whole of the hospital came in for a gawp and a poke! LOL Xx

shortie2shortie2
haha the whole hospital coming for a gawp and a poke!! sorry your choice f words didnt have make me laugh!! your like me youve got a way in putting things...

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews