Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Happy New Year; Weaning advice please

TAMSTAMS
posted 8 years 8 months ago
Cassie and I are doing great we just have a prob she is losing weight only 14lb at 7months and been told to get her upto three meals but she doesn't eat the two we are already doing Crying . Given up on the home cooking and using jars as at least she'll eat them, we think becaus they are so pureed (altho the freezer is full for when she decides she can cope with textures.

Join JustParents to remove this advert

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
posted 8 years 8 months ago
Aww hun, it must be frustrating for you, especially as you have worked so hard at making your own food for her. All i can say is try not to panic hun, it is easy to get so worked up at meal times, especially when you are worried they aren't gaining weight. You will get there though hun. Don't let her see you panicking and see every spoonful as an achievement. Offer her food just a little food at a time, try a variety of different food, fruit, veg, jars, yoghurt etc. At 7mth she may even be able to start holding finger food and feeding herself. Infact she may even enjoy it. try steamed battons of carrot, soft fruit, cubes of cheese, bread/toast fingers etc. To start with she may just play with it but this is all part of her learning about food and textures. Just let her play, eventually she will taste. If she doesn't want to eat it or doesn't seem to like it don't worry just keep offering it to her. It can take up to 25times of offering the same thing before they will even start to accept it hun so don't get downhearted! I'm sure it won't take long before she gets the hang of it hun. It just takes some longer than others to get used too. I'msure you will have a chubby little princess on your hands soon! Hug Xx

soupsoup
posted 8 years 7 months ago
how old is cassie ?

i home cooked all my meals and never gave a single jar so i cant really comment on that side BUT if shes enjoying the purees then maybe you can make her meals pureed ?

i used to use a blender and d vegetable mixes, although this time im planing to go down a more BLW route

have you looked into baby led weaning at all ?

SamuelSamuel
Pippa still refuses solids, she went through a stage just over a two months ago where she would happily eat any food we gave her, but now she has gone back to being on boobie juice, she lost weight being on solids, but now she is off solid food, that has stopped.

Babies who are weaned instead of self weaned can lose weight or have slow weight gain as they don't want the solid food so they are getting less nutrients than they would from milk.

AlexAlex Moderator
Im not much use, Joseph was weaned at 9weeks (well he was constantly hungry and I couldnt keep up with his milk demand, 6-7oz every 2-2 1/2 hrs day and night on the 2nd milk) I cooked loads and out it in the liquidiser and frooze it and he was find with it, when he was ready for lumps I just didnt blend it as much.

SummerSummer
I'm of no help..sorry! All these advices are good and I think you should talk to the doctor. Hug

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews