Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

strange feeling............

shortie2shortie2
posted 8 years 7 months ago
Wave
Sorry for the stupid questions (or they may seem stupid). Am new to all this pregnancy stuff....

I keep getting a weird feeling in my tummy, its probably nowt and worrying for nothing. The feeling am getting is like am gonna get my period even though i ken i aint..i ken it may sound daft and nothing at all. I ken you's would ken what that feels like. Is it something to worry about???

Ave got the date of my first scan... Very Happy Thumbs Up so myself and markyboy cannie wait to see the first glimpse of "junior".... the date is a friday 30th of january at 8.40 (a week on friday) Clapping

Was reading in the babies r us book checklist at the back and ave read a couple of other books again this may seem stupid but why do you need lip balm with you when you are in hospital after having baby???

Sorry about the stupid questions and any other strange topics that come from me.....

xxxx Wave

Join JustParents to remove this advert

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Hi hun, glad you got your date for your 1st scan, i bet you are so excited. You're questions are not silly so don't worry. .....well, as for the period like pains, i can only tell you that the same happened with me. Are they around when you would have been due on? If so, may just be your bosy still adjusting to not having period? Or it could be your uterus stretching to accomodate growing bump which is what i was told mine were. All was fine by the way! Also as for the Lip Balm, If you use the gas and air through a mask when you are in labour it really dries your lips out so thatit was the lip balm is for. That and the dry air in hospital because the heating is always on in the baby wards! Hope that helps a little? Xx Hug

WelshMumWelshMum
I just bought a lush lip balm from Body Shop to go in my hospital bag, it's a shimmery mint one that makes your lips tingle!!

I had some crampy sort of pains too but as mentioned before- nothing to worry about. As long as they go away and you don't bleed, it's harmless. Hug

Lou x

AlexAlex Moderator
I remember that feeling like I was going to have my period, every month for the 9mths!! Smile It is normal Hug

WolfblassWolfblass
Yep i am 33 weeks and still get the 'period' feelings! Strange but true.

And i believe the lip balm is just to stop getting dried / cracked lips hun! Very Happy

shortie2shortie2
I wouldnt say pains. I used to get period pains when i first started my periods age 11 (1996 BTW) Shocked Shocked but the feeling is just like am gonna get them. i wouldnt say its round the time am due it seems to be either once to a few times either everyday or every so many days later..glad it aint serious.

as for the lip balm thing, thanks. that'll stop me being curious. when i saw that they suggest lip balm i thought am due in the summer and no winter!! but you ken what the weather is like here in scotland.....its winter all year round Very Happy Very Happy

thanks for the replies

Wave Wave

AlexAlex Moderator

shortie2 said:
but you ken what the weather is like here in scotland.....its winter all year round Very Happy Very Happy

We have beautiful weather. Only place you can have 4 seasons in one day Very Happy

shortie2shortie2
alex jealous gets you nowhere!! haha

us scots love that!!! 4 seasons in the one day

AlexAlex Moderator

shortie2 said:
alex jealous gets you nowhere!! haha

us scots love that!!! 4 seasons in the one day

Im not jealous, I live through it every day Very Happy (I was being sarcastic!!)

I am in Aberdeenshire.

shortie2shortie2
hahaha

oft......aberdeenshire is just as bad cos your further north than what i am (am from the Falkirk area) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews