Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Uh oh, exposure to mono possibley??

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
posted 8 years 8 months ago
Aaralyn is home sick today, she's had a cold all week but I've managed to get her to school every day as her fever wasn't high but this morning it is.

I spoke to Mike about possibly watching Aaralyn for me and he is taking Amber to the Dr's later to have a mono test done Shocked ... She's been sick too and her friend has just been diagnosed with it along with her friend's boyfriend. Amber showed up the other night with a bunch of balloons from her work for Aaralyn (I forgot to post about that sweet gesture of her's!) there were of course hugs and kisses exchanged between Amber and Aaralyn so now I'm concerned about the fact that Aaralyn might have been exposed.... Mike's going to call me as soon as they are out of Amber's appointment and let me know the results of her blood test (hopefully they'll get them right away Shrug )

Keep fingers crossed that Amber does NOT have mono, for her sake and the rest of ours...... will keep you updated!

Join JustParents to remove this advert

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
i had to look this up as i wasnt sure what it was. in the uk its known as glandular fever and i know its very nasty. fingers crossed amber doesnt have it. hope everythings ok xxxxxx

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
Yea, it's a pretty nasty thing to go through, it can last for a long time.

Amber's appointment is now scheduled for tomorrow because she doesn't like the nurse practioner that she was scheduled to see today... so her appt's for tomorrow at 1130 now... there will be no movie dates with Amber until we know if she has it either.... I'm really hoping she doesnt, she's just getting ready to go back to college soon after her winter break, it would be horrible timing (not that any time would be good)....

Will update tomorrow, keep fingers crossed for her still please!!

SamuelSamuel
Glandular fever is horrible, you should get tested as well, it wouldn't be very nice for Amber as she wont be allowed to go back to college either

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews