Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Feeling Sick :(

NoisysmurfNoisysmurf
posted 8 years 8 months ago
Hi All,

I'm new here Smile

Bit confused, me and and my partner have been TTC for a few months now, was getting frustrated with the negative results so this month i bought an ovulation kit.
I got a positive ovulation result 18 days after the first day of my last period.... i am now 3-4 days late for my period and for past 3 days i have had constant nausea Sad not in work today because i really do not feel well... did a HPT yesterday and was negative Sad
Could it be too soon to tell if i am PG or could i just be getting a bug or something??

Any advice?

Thanks

Lucy

Join JustParents to remove this advert

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Hi NoisySmurf and welcome to JP Wave I hope you enjoy it here. I'm Mandy, mum to Lauren almost 3 and Jake 11mths.

In answer to your question. The average ovulation day is day 14 when your cycle is the average of 28days. Therefor if you have a later than average ovulation day but an average length cycle it is possible it is still to early to pick up enough hormone on the HPT which is why you may be getting a BFN. I would leave it another couple of days and if still no AF then test again hun.
As for the constant nausea it could be a pregnancy symptom although tbh nausea isn't always the first symptom to rear it's head. It is also perfectly possible that you have picked up a bug. There are lots of sicky bugs going around at the moment.
Also stress can affect your cycle and even stop you coming on. If you are really stressing over getting pregnant then this could be having an affect? Which is why you may not have had your AF yet. I know it is easy for me to say but relax and enjoy the sex Naughty and fingers crossed you will fall pregnant shortly. Good luck hun, sorry i couldn't be more help! Hug Xx

SAHMSAHM
I agree with Mandy, I would wait a few more days and then test agian, but since it is winter could be a bug and that can affect AF!

I hope you get the results you want!! Just relax and also welcome to JP! Wave

Cassie, mom to 2 boys who are 3 and 6!

NoisysmurfNoisysmurf
Thanks for the advice Smile

I was confused as my cycle has been between 24-26 days but my ovulation did not occur until day 18....

Still felling sick and have an awful taste in my mouth Gag

Only time will tell i suppose.... Grrr LOL!

Happy Thoughts Smile

Thanks again

x

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
I have all my fingers crossed for you hun. A metalic taste in the mouth can quite often be an early pregnancy symptom too. I really hope you get great news hun. Keep us updated how you get on Hug Xx

NoisysmurfNoisysmurf
Hi guys, well I couldn't wait any longer to do another test so I did one earlier and.......

I'm pregnant!!!

Yay! It has not sunk in yet though but who could ask for a better christmas present!!

Thanks for all the support and advice!!

AlexAlex Moderator
Baby Congratulations Baby

ElinElin
YAY gratz Thumbs Up

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Aww that is great news hun Thumbs Up . Seems the earlier BFN was just because it was too early. Huge congratulaions to you. What a great time of year to find out to. An early christmas present! Clapping LOL Keep us informed how you get on. Xx

heather08heather08
yay congratulations hun Clapping Clapping

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews