Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

what was the first thing you did when you got your positive?

donnanbumpdonnanbump
posted 8 years 9 months ago
I told my hubby who was in the car waiting to take me shopping for food Very Happy then i made 20 calls to my mom before i told her she was to be a nanny again.

Join JustParents to remove this advert

AlexAlex Moderator
I cried Sad

Then I told my (now ex) fiance once I came out the bathroom, who was over the moon. It took me 3 days before I could tell my parents (even though I cam home the day after I took my test I didnt tell them and then I tole them over the phone when I got back to Uni)

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
Well, I said "Oh F Shocked CK!! it's positive", because I was in the stall in the bathroom where I worked and a friend who I worked with was outside the stall for moral support... even though I really didn't think it was going to be positive.... then I cried, then I called Aaralyn's father and told him we needed to talk and he guessed right away what it was about....

candgsmumcandgsmum
With Charlotte the first test didn't work properly because I managed to miss the hole to pee on, so only a little went on. I ran downstairs with it and said to Martin, I don't think its worked...my best mate had just walked in LOL. She got really excited and she had a look and said she thought it must be positive. We went upstairs to do the second one and she waited with me for the result, which showed up straight away! My reaction was 'Oh s Angry t' as was Martins!! He then rang his mum (who he'd not spoken to for over 6 weeks because they fallen out) to ask what we do now LOL! she just went mental with excitement! It took about 4 tests to convince ourselves I was actually pregnant Crazy

With George, we rang my mum and Marts mum and my best friend straight away.

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Well with Lolly i text mike, who was working on his boat down the river and asked hime to come home because i thought i may be pregnant but couldn't work the test out? It didn't show the right lines in the right places. Still can't work out what happened Shrug I took it to a friends house and she couldn't work it out either so we did another one which was positive. I then rang my mum, who was beside herself with excitement. It took another couple to cinvince me though! With Jake i took the test, was cinvinced it would be negative and when it was positive i nearly passed out. Told mike, and phoned my mum, and told mikes mike's mum who was so excited. She couldn't believe it, she thought mike was going to be single forever i think and when we had lauren she was over the moon, another one was more than she had dared hope for. Unfortunately she never got to meet Jake as she died when i was 20weeks very unexpectedly Sad Xx

WolfblassWolfblass
With Georgie i went to my desk, rang Mark and said 'you were right it's a yes'

This time i sat at the home pc and said to DP - NEVER???? as he brought the result up to me.... Embarassed PMSL

laineyklaineyk
I cried, then told hubbie!

Exx

ElinElin
I did go. Umm hun, i think am pregnant. Rich did go and see and he did say something like, yes you are. And both was really glad about it. Then we did tell everyone here Very Happy

MummyBMummyB
i had to go to work, still shaking, text hubby and said i had to tell him something but managed to wait till after work and passed him the test, he cried!! bless. I kept it to myself though all day at work! hardest thing ever!! Thumbs Up

shortie2shortie2
my boyfriend had asked me to do one... when it came back positive i started crying then did another four. i didnt have to wait more than 1minute for each result.... still cant believe it though.

soupsoup
this time round i burst into tears

everyone thought it was negative and i was upset but i was just so happy and releved to finally get a positive that i was a blubbering wreck

WelshMumWelshMum
We had been trying for 3 months and had been using the BBT chart all that time, in the months when I hadn't caught the temp had gone down 2 days before my period was due but this month it would level off for a couple of days then go up a bit more so I was like "I think we may have been lucky this time!" Did the test day period was due and got a weak positive, showed Jer straight away and we were both happy but a little unsure as I was worried I might be imagining it. Tested again 2 days later and got a better line, then we told the grandparents! Baby

lindypopslindypops
I was going to do the test without telling my hubby, just in case it wasn't positive - I had a 'feeling', but wasn't sure if it was excitement, as we hadn't been trying long. Except he was in the supermarket queue next to me, buying flowers for me(!), so he saw and came over.

Did the test at 5am on a Sunday morning, couldn't believe the BFP, ran upstairs and woke hubby up - he thought we were being burgled, said 'that's nice' when I told him and went back to sleep!!

catswinniecatswinnie
posted 8 years 8 months ago
Well i had an idea i was pregnant even though i wasnt due for my MP yet. The day i told hubby was funny. he called me at work the day before i did the test to say he had booked the following day off work to book our summer holiday! so i had to ring my boss at home on her day off to beg to book an emergency day off (i explained the situation and she laughed but said no probs, then i told hubby i booked it so we could look together!). i made sure i was up the following morning before him, ran to the chemist to get test, then the late shop to get fry up stuff, got home did test shown positive straight away no messing, cooked him a fry up then went upstairs and said ' hi hun ive cooked you brekkie in bed oh and i'm pregnant, after him laughing for about five minutes he hugged me and was over the moon! i still did another two tests cos i could not quite believe it myself and that was after texting my then pregnant friend and asking if all three tests could be wrong! Cuckoo

kristagkristag
Did a test when I got home from work and it was positive so told Mike and we were both really happy but too scared to get over excited as I had a MC 3 months before and we'd got so excited that time that it was devastating to lose the baby. This time we were, I guess, a little nervous but keeping everything crossed. As you all know, it worked out just fine Clapping Clapping Clapping

GTTkelGTTkel
With Summer I did the test with Steve, he was in the bath while I peed on the stick. I left the room for 3 minutes as I couldn't look at it, then I came back in, looked at it and burst out laughing. It was planned but it was a shock that it happened the first try and we were both like Cheshire cats.

With Denis I was suspicious before my period was even due because I was out with friends and had an alcoholic drink, (and I can normally drink loads and I don't ever get sick) and when I started the second drink I just felt awful like I was a 12 year old experiencing my first ever alcohol or something. I commented to my friend that I hadn't felt like that since I was pregnant with Summer, (before I knew I was pregnant with her and had had a drink at an engagement party). Any way when I actually did the test I ran straight up to my neighbour who had found out about 3 weeks before that she was pregnant.

This time I did the test, told the kids and phoned Steve at work saying I had something scary to tell him Very Happy

jbradjbrad
Hi everyone Wave Im new !!

My hubby and I have just found out we are pregnant for the first time, I was due mp on Boxing Day but it didnt arrive. I was already suspicious because I had loads of typical symptoms and we'd been charting my bbt for 3 months. Hubby had booked a 3 day Christmas/New Year break to Paris so we flew on Boxing Day as planned. We went to pharmacie near our hotel on our first morning there and took a test... it was only a very faint line. After hours of talking about whether there was a line or wasnt a line, I did another test on the afternoon to try to get a more definate line ... and made hubby take one too so we had a negative to compare it to! My positive was still very faint and I wished I'd waited until next morning for first pee .. but it was definately a positive compared to my hubby's negative (thank god!! Very Happy )

We celebrated our brilliant news in a cafe with a cocktail each - mine watered down with lemonade and an agreement that that was my last alcoholic drink for 9 months and he will cut down too (yeah right!)

We rang my parents from our hotel that evening and mum almost cried and text me later to say she was still shaking, then we text all of our friends - even though we knew we should wait a few months, we were just too excited!

We flew back home on 29th and picked up two digital tests in Boots and they were both positive Shocked !!!

We are very excited and very nervous and very anxious and very scared and absolutely unprepared but this is the best Christmas/New Year present we coud have EVER had ! Clapping

J x

glowingsunglowingsun
I cried. I was soooo scared.

mommybingmommybing
..i expected it because i was 2 months delayed... but there were a lot of crying sessions that happened afterwards. it was unplanned!

SeaThreePeeOSeaThreePeeO
I went to DH's work (first day in a new job) and told him. We'd been trying for a while.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews