Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Advice please!!

mary_1989mary_1989
posted 8 years 9 months ago
- My blog
hi my sister has been trying to conceive for 6 months with no luck. she is young and healthy so this is really getting her down especially as her doctor wont help her. I was wondering if anyone has any advice not onlyu for her but for me. i have a 1 yr old and am unsure how she feels when we go to see her. she says she's fine but i know she gets really upset. any advice on how i can support her would be fantastic. thanx everyone

Join JustParents to remove this advert

NetsHNetsH
- My blog
Me and my ex had been trying for about 8 months before I got pregnant. It's just a matter of persistance, and I found that once we stopped worrying about why we wheren't getting pregnant and relaxed and just "had fun" thats when the magic happened.
As for you, I imagine she would be more upset by not seeing you and her little neice than by you visiting her. Just reassure her that it WILL happen sooner or later and that you are there for her whenever she needs to rant or vent her feelings about it.
Hope that helps!

mary_1989mary_1989
- My blog
thank you i have just bought her a pregnancy journal so everytime she gets down about it she can look in there and remind herself that 1 day she will be filling it in and its just a matter of time

soupsoup
theres not too much you can do, ive been there and theres not much anyone can say to make you feel better

just listen to her when shes feeling down and try to avoid saying "it will happen an just give it time etc etc " try to say things like "it must be so hard for you and i cant imagine what your going through "

is she tracking ? if shes not you could find some websites for her to look at or print off some info

there are 3 ways to track, one is to look at your cervical mucas another is to do a internal exam yourself and feel the position of your cervix (when its just out of reach your ovulating) and another way is to take your temp every morning BEFORE you get out of bed after waking - when it jumps up a degree your ovulating

the 14 day rule does not work for everyone its just a guide

mary_1989mary_1989
- My blog
i dont think she's tracking but i think she is considering buying ovulation tests but i will pass on the information and thanks for the advice everyone. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is an implantation bleed- she had a period 2 weeks ago and is normally 4/5 weeks apart but this week she had a reddy brown discharge for 3 days. she hasnt taken a pregnancy test because she doesnt want to be dissapointed again. any ideas anyone?

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews