Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Waters breaking?

etroytwetroytw
posted 8 years 10 months ago
Hi all, ijust searched the forums for any info, so sorry if this is a repeat.
I'm 40 weeks today and just had a little episode. I got up from the sofa to go to the toilet and noticed (before i got there) that i had a wet patch. I haven't felt any leaking only a few minor cramps that i've been getting in the past few days anyway. It literally felt that i had sat on a wet towel or something. Enough for me to change into my pjs.
This is my 3rd pregnancy, and my other two were fast and easyish labours. Both times my waters broke suddenly and with a gush, half way thru labour.
I'm not sure what to think. There is nothing on the sofa, and i dont feel in labour. Has anyone on here had a trickle of their water's breaking? If so can they offer any help
Thanks to all who offer help
Emz

Join JustParents to remove this advert

LucyLucy
hi hun, i broke my waters just getting up from the settee, get on the phone to the hospital and tell them now!

i had to call them and get my hubby home and care for the children and go to the Hospital.

Thats my advice

AlexAlex Moderator
It might be your hind waters, I had a friend who had just a little trickle and some pains and she went to MW and was told it was her hind waters, she was also 4cms when they checked her!!!

I would phone your MW for advice, they might want to check you out.

Good luck.x

GTTkelGTTkel
Hi. With my first baby I thought my waters had broken as I stood up and some water came out. But when I was at the hospital well into Labour the midwife said, "Why did you say your waters had broken? they've just gone now". There are apparantly the 'Fore-waters' and 'Hind waters' so sometimes a smaller amount goes first then the larger amount which gushes later.

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
It definitely could be your hind waters hun. I would just let the midwifes know what happened incase they want to check you. I hope this doesn't offend you but could you have just weed a tad? especially as you got up to go to the toilet? Baby may have just pressed on your bladder as you got up and you didn't realise? Especially as it is such a small amount of leaking? Good luck though hun. Hopefully you will have your little bundle shortly. Let us know how you get on Xx

candgsmumcandgsmum
It sounds like hind waters hun, I'd still ring the mw and tell her, she may want you checked out just in case.

My waters always went for me when I was fully dilated, I did my first push with George before they went with him.

eamesy88eamesy88
- My blog
Ring the midwife and send wez and lottie over mine to play with crystal LOL

MummyBMummyB
posted 8 years 9 months ago
hi hun, my waters started to trickle 2 days before i got any proper contractions, i had a routine mw appointment in the meantime and never mentioned anything cos i thought i'd wet myself to start with, LOL. you should ring your mw or central delivery suite hun. good luck. Clapping

etroytwetroytw
Hi all, just thought i'd keep you updated. couldnt get thru to midwife last nite so went to bed. woke up this morning with contractions 15 minutes apart at 6am, by 10am moved to 10mins apart. still getting them 10 mins now. mw has been out and checked me and hopefully she will be born today, but things are going slowly this time. the episode last night was not my waters apparently LOL so who knows.
will keep everyone informed.
thanks to everyone who offered their help.
hopefully next time i write she will be here
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

candgsmumcandgsmum
Best of luck hun, hope all goes smoothly for you x

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Aww thats good news hun. Have my fingers crossed she will be arriving today for you. Hope everything goes well. Good luck,can't wait to see piccies of your gorgeous little bundle! Xx

kristagkristag
Hope it's all happening for you hun. Looking forward to hearing your news Hug

etroytwetroytw
Hi all, had Tallulah Rose on 20.11.08 at 20.25
after a 14 hour labour.
she weighs 6lb 10oz and is soooo tiny LOL
we had to go out and get her some smaller outfits at the last minute because she is so tiny.
breast feeding is going ok too, bit like a yoyo up and down, sometimes easier then others but we're getting there.
Thanks to all again and will at some point put a pic on over next few days.
i'm being called...
warm love sent to all
Very Happy

ellee1984ellee1984
congratulations on the birth of tallulah rose cant wait to see the piccies of her

ElinElin
Gratz Very Happy Now we want to see some pics Very Happy

AlexAlex Moderator
congratulations Baby

jo-jojo-jo
Love Congratulations hun.xx

MummyBMummyB
Congratulations hun, welcome to the world little tallulah. Clapping Love

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Aww yay Clapping welcome to the world little Tallulah Rose. I hope all is well and you are enjoying being a new mum again, and Tallulah is letting you get some sleep. Can't wait to see the pics hun Thumbs Up Xx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews