Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Feeling abit sorry for myself.

GTTkelGTTkel
posted 8 years 10 months ago
The pregnancy niggles have suddenly kicked in and I'm wondering how I'm going to cope through the pregnancy with Summer and Denis. I'm tired and feeling sick on and off, plus light-headed (I'd forgottn about the passing out part). I feel so stroppy because I'm tired and for some reason I really can not stand any mess at the minute so toys, books, shoes and clothes being left about is really p***ing me off. If it's not the kids it's the puppy and if it's not them it's Steve who seems to be acting like I don't need any fuss or special treatment because it's my 3rd baby and been there done that kind of attitude.
I've got my booking appointment with the midwife this thursday and I think I'm going to ask her if she can recommend something to halp me relax because I get so stressed normally and I'd really like to chill out, which I'm finding hard even though I'm tired Frustrated

Join JustParents to remove this advert

SAHMSAHM
aww huh sorry ur feeling this way. Take care of yourself and that LO, rest when u can Flower maybe the talk with ur MW will help, I would let DH know how I was feeling.

soupsoup
speak to the family and explain how your feeling and how you need help

your only human and you need a break too, its hard work baking babies

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Aww hun, you will cope just fine trough the pregnancy. Apart from the last couple of weeks this 1st bit is the hardest. Influx of hormones, mood swings, feeling sick and tired. As you know hun it does usually get easier so try not to worry too much (I know that is easy for me to say)Tell your DH how you are feeling, explain you need some help at the moment as you are feeling stressed and finding things a bit hard, what with the kids and the puppy. I'm sure when he knows how hard you are finding it (3rd time around or not) he will chip in and help you more hun. Giving you a huge Hug just take things one step at a time hun. It won't be long before you start to get to the 'glowing' stage Thumbs Up Xx

candgsmumcandgsmum
Hug 's hun. I remember feeling the same when I was having George, and the I remember the mess doing my head in too, my house never looked so clean! xx

samtiffsamtiff
I am sorry to hear you are feeling so low. Sad It must be really hard when you have little ones around - I am struggling just to get to work but at least I can be lazy at home.

As for the stress thing - I suffer from anxiety anyway and I use Bach's Rescue Remedy to 'Calm and Reassure'. It is a spray that I got from Holland and Barratt made from plant extracts and my hubbie e-mailed Bachs recently to check it is safe for pregnant ladies and they confirmed - within 30 minutes - that it is. It just takes the edge off being tense and helps me chill out. Don't know if it will help but I thought I would tell you anyway.

I hope things get better soon and I hope your husband realises soon that it does not get any easier - in fact it is harder for you than before. Send him on to the forum and I am sure a few ladies will tell him for you! Very Happy

AlexAlex Moderator
Just because it is your 3rd pregnancy, it doesnt mean you have been there done it before, ALL pregnancies are different and you may not have had one like this one before and you also have 2 kids to run around after aswell (you didnt last time) Speak to Steve and tell him how you are feeling, you need help you cant do it alone and with him being a man he wont know what he can do to help unless you TELL him.

Hug

GTTkelGTTkel
Well this morning without me prompting or asking him,Steve took Summer to school which he NEVER does, he's normally still at home when I take her. It was so nice and I stayed in and did NO house work except feeding Denis his luch of course and walking the dog, until I picked Summer up and took her to ballet.
I think I'm going to ask him if he can take Summer to school one or two mornings a week for the rest of this term while I'm still abit icky and tired just so I can plod in the morning some days.

candgsmumcandgsmum
Well done Steve Thumbs Up

I think thats a great idea hun.

Maybe there's something in the water LOL, hubby shampooed the living room carpet last night, too the caravan into storage at long last, then when to the tip and got rid of the bottles and rubbish out of the garage. He even bath the kids and put them to bed tonight Shocked

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
That sounds like a great idea hun. I think 1 or 2 mornings a week isn't a lot to ask if he is homw anyway hun.

Sounds like you two are getting your men under control Thumbs Up LOL Xx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews