Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

I'm kinda freakin out right now guys, need encouragement

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
posted 9 years 6 days ago
Ok, I've had this "feeling" in the back of my throat, kinda down into my neck but on the inside? kind of a gagging feeling or like I have a literal lump in the back of my throat. My friend Ren was telling me about a friend of her's that had that and it turned out to be a type of throat cancer..... so I decide to torture myself and google "symptoms of throat cancer" and the feeling I have is listed on every site I saw.

I'm thinking extremes now of course but here's a huge problem now... I have no health insurance for myself or Aaralyn right now since I was laid off. I've requested assistance from the state which may or may not include medical assistance plus sometimes it can take a while before you actually receive the assistance. I need to go to the Dr but if it's something that is really bad then I may not be covered for pre-existing conditions....

I know I may be sounding really pessimistic right now but it is freaking me out and weighing heavy on me right now.... I hope it's nothing, and it probably is nothing but I hope I haven't quit smoking just too late, ya know...

Has anyone else ever experienced having this feeling in their throat??? (it's been going on for weeks now) it would be nice to hear if it has, but be honest!

LucyLucy
Tammy im sorry that you have this lump, im sure that its nothing really but get it checked, go to the ER if you are really worried.

giving up smoking is on the right path, but you may have this feeling because you have given up

Somtimes i think when you google things they make you think the worst!!!

go and get it checked and see if you can get a dr that will take a payment plan if you cant afford it all in one go.

orc30orc30
Doesn't sound nice whatever it is, would be good to get it checked but understand your hesitancy.

I was going to say the same thing that it may be because you have given up smoking and your body is adjusting.

Also, has it been building over time or just come on suddenly?

AlexAlex Moderator
Go to the doctor if you are worried.

It could be anything, Over active thyroid sprung to my mind when I started to read your post.

Alex said:
Go to the doctor if you are worried.

It could be anything, Over active thyroid sprung to my mind when I started to read your post.

I was thinking that too Alex... thank you guys, I think I'm just freaking out extra because of the employment situation right now, I'm a bit stressed anyway and this has just been nagging at me. It started a couple weeks ago, with a sore throat, that went away but this other feeling is left.

I didn't think about the quitting smoking being something that is causing it. I have heard people say they coughed alot more for a little while after they stopped, which I haven't been coughing.

Thanks for the encouragement.... I think I was really having a bad moment of freaking out about it when I posted that and needed to kind of get it off my chest so to speak. I'm going to see if I can re-schedule the apointment that i had for last week (that I canceled because of the health insurance and not having unemployment benefits paid yet)

I think I'm just being a worry wort Embarassed

LucyLucy
dont be silly, i think that when you have something thats on your mind you have to tell someone.

not a worrywart at all babes Hug

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
I know how you feel hun, it is so scary when you have symptoms that can be blown out of proportion. I went to the doctor a few months ago because i could feel a lump on the outside of my neck (sort of under my chin) i was convinced it was someting nasty Yes When i eventually saw the doctor she said it was a gland and it was up because i had had a cold and throat infection a couple of months before (I hadn't even considered it could have been this, as i assumed it wouldn't have still been there after so long!) The doctor said, it can take a few months to go down after an fluey type bug? I'm sure it is nothing hun, as has already been said it may be because you have stopped smoking? But is definitely worth checking out. Even to just put your mind at ease! Hug Xx

Thank you Lucy and Mandy.... I know I'm just freakin out over nothing but it's just not something I've experienced before and the the power of suggestion played in when my friend mentioned about her friend and then me googling was just a good combination for a good freak out. I'm going to call the Dr's in the morning and see what they say...

Thanks again guys! Hug

jo-jojo-jo
posted 9 years 5 days ago
Hug Try not to stress Tam(easy said i know), as everyone has said go get it checked out asap.I would do what Lucy suggested and go to the Er that way you will be seen to straight away without waiting.
Its probably nothing major but its best to check.

posted 9 years 4 days ago
OK, you guys are really gonna laugh at me... I think I've discovered what is causing me to have this feeling in my throat..... are you ready for this??

Chocolate!!!! Whistling

I didn't have the feeling all day yesterday until I ate some of Aaralyn's halloween candy which was a hershey's chocolate bar.... right after I had that feeling again. So I'm guessing that in my old age chocalate is no longer agreeing with me Crying This has been going on for about 10 days to 2 weeks and Halloween was almost 2 weeks ago so it would make sense. I'm gonna see how it goes without eating any chocolate for a bit and then try some and see if it comes back and then I'll know for sure!

I had myself really worried Embarassed

eamesy88eamesy88
- My blog
hahaha enough said i think if it is that

ellee1984ellee1984
awww hun if it is that at least its nothing serious though you might need to get checked in case you got an allergy to an ingredient in chocolate

I will still get checked but it's good to not be so frantically worried about it now. I've also noticed lately when I drink whole milk I get really bad heartburn so I may be becoming lactose intolerant... even though what I was having wasn't like heartburn I'm wondering if it still had to do with the milk chocolate. Mike always has little dark chocolate buttons at his house and I never seemed to have a problem with those, so might just be allergy to milk chocolate? Either way, I'm feeling way better about it.... believe it or not, I can live a happy life with out chocolate..... if I have to....

ellee1984ellee1984
sounds like you maybe lactose intolerant have you always had that problem with milk?

ellee1984 said:
sounds like you maybe lactose intolerant have you always had that problem with milk?

Nope, it's a pretty new thing, although when I was pregnant with Aaralyn I craved whole milk and drank gallons of it.... and constantly had heartburn. Otherwise I generally drink lower fat milk, I buy 2% for Aaralyn. Funny enough, the cream I use in my coffee doesn't bother me at all Shrug

Ugh.... I guess these things just start to happen, the more (eh hmm) mature in age we get Rolling Eyes

LucyLucy
Embarassed bless you, i wond be sending Hersheys Kisses for you for Christmas!!!!

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Hehehe. Sounds like you have discovered the problem! see how you go without chocolate for a while like you said hun. Hug Xx

candgsmumcandgsmum
Hun, bet your quite relieved really Hug's

I'd be ok without chocolate until I was due on LOL...I NEED chocolate them hehe!

xx

candgsmum said:
Hun, bet your quite relieved really Hug's

I'd be ok without chocolate until I was due on LOL...I NEED chocolate them hehe!

xx

That's pretty much when I need it too but it's been in the house since Halloween so wait until then right LOL... I am do on any time now too so I was eatin me some chocalate lately!! Naughty

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews