Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Do you guys have a version of the Super Nanny there??

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
posted 8 years 10 months ago
We have it here with a Brittish lady called Jo (can't remember her last name and too lazy to go get the book I have of her's) as the Super Nanny. She is incredible!! I've seen her turn some families around that you never thought could be when it came to the children's behaviour and the parent's (lack of/wrong kind of) discipline. She goes into their home for I think about 3 weeks? and teaches them with positive methods how to discipline, again, she's incredible!!

Anyway, Aaralyn and I have been watching it tonight and she is shocked at some of the behaviour and recognized, from herself, some of the behaviour (though she is by no measure as crazily naughty as some of those kids are). It's actually opened up a really good conversation between her and I about behaviour and how parents can get so frustrated sometimes and how kids can help keep that from happening. I think she's being really enlightened and it's also good for her to see that her mommy is not the only one who sometimes gets to the point of raising her voice loudly Rolling Eyes ... So, it's been really great watching this with her Thumbs Up

Join JustParents to remove this advert

jo-jojo-jo
We also have the super nanny Jo Frost??she is British and i love watching it.They are now showing American families on it as well.
I cant believe how violent some kids are if i had to speak to my parents like that or lay one finger on them i wouldnt be here today LOL.

SamuelSamuel
I've seen it before, if I had ever treated my parents like some of those children did, I would be six feet under by now.

LucyLucy
yeah i love watching all those US kids who are much worse than ours and it makes me feel like my kids are little angels!!!

Jo Frost is brilliant, i just wonder if she can do wonders for teens Crazy

soupsoup
we also have a programme called nanny 911 where we send british nannies over to american families

do you get that ?

candgsmumcandgsmum
I used the way she makes the kids go to bed, by not giving up and putting them back in each time they get out, it worked for George Thumbs Up He sometimes tries it on again but as long as we put him straight back to bed he gives up.

It think its great the results she gets Yes Charlotte will say 'mummy they are naughty children'. It does make me feel so much better about George's behaviour LOL!

soup said:
we also have a programme called nanny 911 where we send british nannies over to american families

do you get that ?

Yep, I think that one is on the The Learning Channel, I've watched it before, that one is good too!

Jo Frost!! that's her! I want her to come live here.... just in case I ever need her LOL!

Amazingly, Aaralyn did not give me a single argument or "but" last night at bed time after the show was over.... Thank you Nanny Jo Thumbs Up

candgsmum said:
I used the way she makes the kids go to bed, by not giving up and putting them back in each time they get out, it worked for George Thumbs Up He sometimes tries it on again but as long as we put him straight back to bed he gives up.

It think its great the results she gets Yes Charlotte will say 'mummy they are naughty children'. It does make me feel so much better about George's behaviour LOL!

Yep the bedtimes and the time outs, she's amazing with... It does kinda make ya feel better about your own kids behaviour when you see someone else's kids who are completely out of control Yes , It's tough for those parents though, I feel bad for some of them.

oandjmumoandjmum
I think Super Nanny does a great job, but sometimes I find the programme too hard to watch. It breaks my heart to see how unhappy some families are (even thought I know she makes it all better).

oandjmum said:
I think Super Nanny does a great job, but sometimes I find the programme too hard to watch. It breaks my heart to see how unhappy some families are (even thought I know she makes it all better).

I know what you mean, the one last night was about a family with a boy and girl, I think 4 and 7 yrs old... the mom and dad were separated and on the show the dad told the mom he wanted a divorce Sad ... Nanny Jo helped them work through how they would make it al better for the kids to get through the transition period... it was really good but I did tear up a few times Embarassed

AlexAlex Moderator
I love Super nanny. All her techniques are common sense though, reward the postive and discipline when the behaviour is unacceptable.

youngmumyoungmum
- My blog
I have used the "naughty chair" with Kailey, and we have a friend with a 2 year old boy, and he doesn't get punished at all (that i have seen). They were over one day and he was in a rotten mood, so i threatened him with the naughty chair. he didnt listen, so after he poured a bucket of water over my cat, i stuck him on the chair. got down to his level and told him that when he stopped crying and was going to be a good boy and i said he could hop down, he could. He chucked a tantrum and tried to get off a couple of times, so he was on their for a while, but after the next few times (I told his Mum to put him on this time) his time got shorter and shorter, and even after a couple of hours he was better behaved. His Mum said she would keep it up at home bacause it worked so well!! So I love the naughty chair. It works wonders with Kailey, and apparently it did with James too!!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews