Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

I hate hospitals

eamesy88eamesy88
posted 8 years 10 months ago
- My blog
More bleeding and very heavy, rushed to a and e and they have done blood tests and stuff and listened for heart beat (which was nice and strong), all was ok and they have sent me back home again.
They said if i get clots or it gets worse then to go back, they never done a scan as i have my 12 weeks scan on monday morning.
Heavy bleeding meaning i have used 4 pads in an hour. and gone through my underwear, shorts and trousers, i had few layers for the comfort of heaviness (TMI) just want to keep people updated as this is my place to let things out.
Smile

Join JustParents to remove this advert

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
Oh hun, what a scare!!! Hug I'm glad the baby's heart beat is good and strong....

I hate to ask this but could there be the possibility of twins and one miscarried? I hope not but that's a lot of bleeding right now.... please tell us as soon as you can how the scan goes ok!!! Hug

AlexAlex Moderator

hapydazy said:

I hate to ask this but could there be the possibility of twins and one miscarried? I hope not but that's a lot of bleeding right now.... please tell us as soon as you can how the scan goes ok!!! Hug

I was wondering the same.

Glad you got a good strong heart beat but what a fright for you. I know this is hard to do but try and relax Hug

I would be tempted to phone them back and say you were still worried and see if they would scan you.

eamesy88eamesy88
- My blog
When i had my emergency scan at 6 weeks (also for bleeding) they said there was only one baby on there so as far as im aware, my scan is at 9.15am on monday morning so will hopefully be online and posted before you are up and alert enough to even log in to JP to have a read about how it went (due to time difference, not that your lazy hehe) Very Happy

Our main hospital hasn't got scan equipment but the maternity one is opposite on the same road, but the bloke said they wouldn't scan unless it was alot worse than it is (which would be scary, as my periods dont even get as heavy as what this was earlier) and that i was to wait for my scan monday

ellee1984ellee1984
i hope it has a positive outcome and id keep pestering the hospital if your worried its your right to have a scan to make sure your baby ok etc i hope it all goes okay

AlexAlex Moderator
Last edited by Alex 8 years 10 months ago

eamesy88 said:

Our main hospital hasn't got scan equipment

I think someone is having you on by saying that. All hospitals have access to an ultra sound machine of some sorts, whether is be a big stationery one or portable ones, they are used for so much other than pregnancies. Joseph has to have one of his heart (at the children's hospital) and my dad has had one on his leg. Sounds like they couldn't be bothered to be honest. Did you see a MW or an obs/gyn consultant or was it an A & E doctor? If you havent been seen by a MW could you not try phoning the community MW or the Maternity hospital?

want to add if it is an A & E department they would have access to their own ultra sound machine (just spoke to my friend who is a nurse and works in A & E)

GTTkelGTTkel
How scary and upsetting, really hope everything is ok and the bleeding will stop soon. Try and get lots of rest xx

ellee1984ellee1984
i dont know if this is possible my friend had bleeding when she was pregnant was told the baby was ok and then a couple fo days later was told the baby had died and had a miscarriage and had to have a d&c (is that the right one i get confused)

is it possible that you were pregnant with twins and at the bleed you had at 6weeks one of the twins died and it hadnt been picked up and this bleed is now the twin that died miscarrying? i dont know if thats possible or if that makes sense maybe one of the other members might know?

eamesy88eamesy88
- My blog
We thought it was strange that they say they havent got the scan equipment but thought it may just be as the maternity hospital was a 2 minute walk away so didnt know. I saw 4/5 different people the doctor was from a different section but the other were all in a and e

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
wow that does sound very scary hun. Were/are you in pain aswell? Don't mean to speak out of place but a cervical erosion can cause bleeding too hun. This can happen after sex? As the others have said, if you aren't happy and continue bleeding then i would be straight back there banging on their door whether you have a planned scan on monday or not. It does sound as though they haven't been very helpful hun, and also very economical with the truth Bad! I really hope all goes fine with the scan whether you have it early or on monday. Have fingers and toes crossed that all goes great! Hug Hug Hug

Your post did make sense Ellee and i would have thought it was definitately possible, although i am hoping that isn't the case! As the emergency scan was so early perhaps it was missed, I am hoping they would have spotted something like that though! Xx

eamesy88eamesy88
- My blog
We are hoping its just a bleed and nothing else but as we all know if anything is going to happen it will and nothing we do will prevent it, the bleeding is better than it was and had no pains what so ever and not had sex for the other thing mentioned above altho i have never heard of that so will go see what it is :S

eamesy88eamesy88
- My blog
Anyway will speak to you all tomo, am off to try and get some sleep xx

candgsmumcandgsmum
I don't think it was cervical erosion hun, I had it with Charlotte but its not really supposed to happen until you are near the end of pregnancy and it definitely wouldn't cause you to bleed like that No

I think it's poor how you've been treated hun. Best of luck with your scan tomorrow. Sometimes people bleed heavily for no apparent reason and you've not mentioned you're in any pain xxx

eamesy88eamesy88
- My blog
"and had no pains what so ever"

Smile

Managed to sleep but was more naps as i couldnt get comfortable, stayed on the sofa and each time i woke i had to change position to get back to sleep Angry seem to be ok atm but not actually got up for the toilet yet but fingers crossed

candgsmumcandgsmum
Oh missed that sorry Embarassed

That's a good thing though x

kristagkristag
oh hun how scary Sad

I hope all goes well for tomorrow. Glad you had good strong heartbeat though Thumbs Up

Hug Hug

eamesy88eamesy88
- My blog
Will keep you updated after my early morning scan tomo 9.15 am Sleep hehe

mum2be-feb09mum2be-feb09
Hope every thing goes ok for u tomorrow morning. keep ur chin up hun.
If u do feel that u cant wait till then go back to a&e and keep on to them and dont take the rubbish the are giving u saying that have no scan equipment every hospital has that. Hug xx

eamesy88eamesy88
- My blog
Scan in an hour Smile Fingers crossed that all is ok

eamesy88eamesy88
- My blog
All ok with baby, had scan will upload photos shortly, thank goodness after our stressful weekend Very Happy

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews