Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

im not sure if i need to post here,

angel_babyangel_baby
posted 8 years 10 months ago
hi all, im worried about my 21 month old son, he really doesnt like ppl, he goes really shy and cant handle ppl talking to him, he goes mad and trys to get away, also he doesnt hold eye contact at all, it even takes him time to go to ppl he sees all the time, he is ok in our home but if anyone speaks to him outside he like goes into a shell, do you think there could be anything wrong, he isent saying anything, he only knows 3 words but doesnt say them everyday, i very worried about him, when he goes like this he looks so scared and i just feel like crying for him, wot can i do to help? has anyone else been through this with there child? if so wot did you do? thanks for reading hope you all can help xx

Join JustParents to remove this advert

candgsmumcandgsmum
If you feel there's a problem, go to your GP or health visitor. He may just be extremely shy or it could be signs of something else.

My son doesn't talk a lot compared to his sister at his age, but he is picking words up quicker and quicker now, all children develop at their own pace. x

LucyLucy

angel_baby said:
hi all, im worried about my 21 month old son, he really doesnt like ppl, he goes really shy and cant handle ppl talking to him, he goes mad and trys to get away, also he doesnt hold eye contact at all, it even takes him time to go to ppl he sees all the time, he is ok in our home but if anyone speaks to him outside he like goes into a shell, do you think there could be anything wrong, he isent saying anything, he only knows 3 words but doesnt say them everyday, i very worried about him, when he goes like this he looks so scared and i just feel like crying for him, wot can i do to help? has anyone else been through this with there child? if so wot did you do? thanks for reading hope you all can help xx

Gemma was just the same shes 11 now and shes still a bit quiet, but she came out of her shell at school and paygroup.

She was about 3 before shed give anyone eye contact and then it was usually a quick glance!

Im sure hell come out of his shell soon, but if you are worried speak to the HV and/or DR

AlexAlex Moderator
If you have any concerns speak to your HV. He is still little yet and kids all develop at different rates.

SamuelSamuel
Jamie is like that, until he has been around someone for a long time he will cry and scream until they leave our house. He is at the age where seperation anxiety often rears its head too.

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
I agree with all the others hun, it could be that he is just very shy? As for the not speaking a lot, he may have just concentrated on a different part of his development first hun. Maybe he walked quite early for example? However, you know your child best and if you have any concerns hun i would speak to your HV or GP. Try not to worry too much Xx

angel_babyangel_baby
thanks girls, thint make hv aware ov my worries, just so they can watch him xxx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews