Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

meeting with the schools social. ........

glowingsunglowingsun
posted 8 years 11 months ago
So, as you all can tell, I'm not a bad mom. But I got a call to have a meeting with the schools social worker to talk about Candra. I know this is about her behaviour at school last month. She's getting better but she still acts out physically on a bad day. There has been kids, too, that have hurt Candra and the teacher acts promptly to fix the situation. I'm still worried though, that the social worker may think that Candra is just a bad kid and that I might be doing something wrong. I'm scared that the social worker will open a case file.
Maybe I have been watching too much news lately, but Manitoba social workers are being investigated due to the increasing numbers of deaths of kids in the care of CFS.
Now this should most likely go nowhere near them taking custody of Candra. I'm just a little unease though because this lady is a 'social worker' and social workers have taken kids out of homes over the most mundane reasons before.
Am i being too much of a worry wort? Has any of you had encounters of social workers at school for reasons about your child?

Join JustParents to remove this advert

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
I've never had to deal with any social workers, other than when Aaralyn and I had medical assistance and day care assistance in RI, we had a case worker, but totally different situation.

I would hope that if you're doing your job as a loving and caring mom then you shouldn't worry (easier said than done, I can imagine!) Maybe they will try to help you and Candra with the issues. Is she being picked on and then lashing out physically in response or is it an anger management problem with Candra?

I hope this leads to some help for you guys and sorting out what's going on with Candra Hug

glowingsunglowingsun

Quote:
Is she being picked on and then lashing out physically in response or is it an anger management problem with Candra?

I hear it's just her lashing out instead of using words. She's mostly rough with the boys, I believe it's because in her old school booys playing rough was tolerated and Candra thinks that boys are tougher than girls. She likes hanging out with boys and that's fine. Candra just needs to learn where to draw the line. It's not easy for her since she's an only child.

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator

glowingsun said:

Quote:
Is she being picked on and then lashing out physically in response or is it an anger management problem with Candra?

I hear it's just her lashing out instead of using words. She's mostly rough with the boys, I believe it's because in her old school booys playing rough was tolerated and Candra thinks that boys are tougher than girls. She likes hanging out with boys and that's fine. Candra just needs to learn where to draw the line. It's not easy for her since she's an only child.

I can relate to the only child thing! I have an issue with Aaralyn and wanting to be heard immediately and not waiting until other people have finished talking. She's been taught not to interupt unless it's an emergency but she gets soooooooo frustrated when she's got something to say and she has to wait to get it out. I partially relate this to it being just me and her for a long time and she didn't have to wait to be heard then Rolling Eyes .... she will stand there and huff and puff and cross her arms and even do the foot stomping while she is *im*patiently waiting for her turn to talk.... I guess it could be an age thing too?

Keep us updated on how everything goes hun.... it sounds to me like you shouldn't have to worry about her being removed from her home for something like this...

SamuelSamuel
Frank's a social worker, when it is behaviour, over here at least they try to look into whether there is something that needs a little help and how to over come it, for example here social workers deal with quite abit of ADHD and such in school children instead of taking the children out of school constantly to see doctors and such. Children are never taken away from their parents for mundane reasons.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews