Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Had my first scan yesterday!

WelshMumWelshMum
posted 8 years 11 months ago
I am 12 weeks and 4 days (today) so was a few days more than I thought- due date as it stands is now 24th April. Jer was with me and we were both emotional when we saw the baby, this is Jer's first and he has said that up until seeing the scan, while he knew we were expecting, because he can't physically feel the pregnancy like I obviously do it felt like he was imagining it! Love

Went in to see midwife before seeing doc and she was having none of my 'trial of labour' request- flatly saying that the hospital would be very reluctant to do that... went in to see doc then and he was all for the trial, and was very keen to help. He checked thru my details from the previous c-sections and said that as they were 'non-recurring' problems he would be happy for me to go for a natural birth... also discussed a new form of chemical induction that works like a tampon (sorry!) whereby if I was contracting too quickly they just pull it out! He wants to see me at 36 weeks to see how I'm doing and we'll go from there! Clapping


Join JustParents to remove this advert

kristagkristag
posted 8 years 11 months ago
Glad the scan went well hun Clapping

Interested in the trial induction that you were talking about. I've heard about the 'pulse' method of using Syntocinon that Tommy's Campaign have trialled but it's unlikely to come in too quickly but another good idea as it mimics natural chemical releases more accurately and therefore less chance of distress to baby or mum suffering non-stop contractions.

WelshMumWelshMum
posted 8 years 11 months ago
The Doc was talking about Pitocin, looked it up on internet but this must be a new thing in? From what I read on Pitocin it was given intravenously. Unsure

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
posted 8 years 11 months ago
So glad the doctor was more accomodating than the midwife hun. I know how much you were hoping for a 'trial of labour' I personally think if that's what you want then it is worth a try for sure. I was just pleased i managed to get into labour naturally again and when i achieved my VBAC i felt on top of the world! (not that there is anything wrong in having another c-section) but i knew if i had booked a section i would always of wondered if i could have achieved a natural birth?

By the way it isn't just men that think they are imagining it. I was convinced they wouldn't find anything at my first scan with both of mine! LOL Xx

WolfblassWolfblass
posted 8 years 11 months ago
Aaaaaaw - it's brilliant isn't it! I bet jer was so overwhelmed!

Glad your Doc listened to you hun! xxx

WelshMumWelshMum
posted 8 years 11 months ago

mum2popsnjak said:
So glad the doctor was more accomodating than the midwife hun. I know how much you were hoping for a 'trial of labour' I personally think if that's what you want then it is worth a try for sure. I was just pleased i managed to get into labour naturally again and when i achieved my VBAC i felt on top of the world! (not that there is anything wrong in having another c-section) but i knew if i had booked a section i would always of wondered if i could have achieved a natural birth?

By the way it isn't just men that think they are imagining it. I was convinced they wouldn't find anything at my first scan with both of mine! LOL Xx


I feel that way too, I hope to have my baby naturally but I won't be upset if I end up needing a c-section- I would just like to feel that I could at least try! Wish

WelshMumWelshMum
posted 8 years 11 months ago

Wolfblass said:
Aaaaaaw - it's brilliant isn't it! I bet jer was so overwhelmed!

Glad your Doc listened to you hun! xxx


Jer took the scan photos to his Mum's on thurs- she's like a bottle of pop!! Baby

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
posted 8 years 11 months ago

WelshMum said:

mum2popsnjak said:
So glad the doctor was more accomodating than the midwife hun. I know how much you were hoping for a 'trial of labour' I personally think if that's what you want then it is worth a try for sure. I was just pleased i managed to get into labour naturally again and when i achieved my VBAC i felt on top of the world! (not that there is anything wrong in having another c-section) but i knew if i had booked a section i would always of wondered if i could have achieved a natural birth?

By the way it isn't just men that think they are imagining it. I was convinced they wouldn't find anything at my first scan with both of mine! LOL Xx


I feel that way too, I hope to have my baby naturally but I won't be upset if I end up needing a c-section- I would just like to feel that I could at least try! Wish


Sounds to me like you have a very realistic attitude hun. I have my fingers (and toes) crossed that you manage to at least give it a go. Wish Wish Wish Xx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews