Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

kids watching tv is it that bad???

daisy33daisy33
posted 8 years 11 months ago
When Harriosn was a wee baby i use to put the tv on in the background, but now he loves it Sad

I try and limit it loads but the minute i put it on if he is unhappy he is as happy as anything the minute it is back on.

He loves in the nightgarden, but its totally off the wall.

Of course its only on so much, but would like your opinions on tv for wee ones

He is only just under 10 months now

Join JustParents to remove this advert

GTTkelGTTkel
I think the colours and sounds are fascinating to them at that age. I think everyone lets their kids watch 'too much tv', what's important is that they get other stimulation aswell physically and mentally.

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
I have to agree with Kelly hun. What is important is that they get lots of other stimulation aswell! I just wouldn't get anything done at all if it wasn't for nick jr LOL. I'm sure an expert would say my kids watch 'too much' tv but i do make sure we go out everyday, either for a walk/trip to park or a mother and baby/toddler group aswell. Plus we do art and crafts and reading etc too, sometimes the only thing that works is the tv though. Try not to worry hun, i'm sure Harrison is getting on just fine! Thumbs Up Xx

glowingsunglowingsun
I used to watch alot of T.V. I can't even remember all the shows I watched. I ended up just fine. I even went a few years with no cable.
i like to think of the T.V as a story teller with moving pictures. Just mute the commercials. If you set up subtitles then you can read aong with the show.
ButI agree with the others that you shouldn't use it as a constant back ground noise. Thats too much stimulation and baby's and tots tend to get more fussy when their is too much stimulation.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews