Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Christmas Panto'

GTTkelGTTkel
posted 8 years 11 months ago
Last year I took Summer and my nan to see Snow White and we all had a good time. I've asked Summer if she wants to go to see the panto again this year and of course she said yes so I'm going to beook the tickets for her, my nan and myself over the next couple of days. I'm feeling abit mean now and wondering if we should take Denis aswell Shrug On the one hand I know it's for the kids and there is always lots of noise so it's not like he'll be disturbing everyone BUT on the other hand I really don't think he'll sit still that long, he'll only be two and a half and common sense tells me to wait until next year when he is that bit older. What do you all think? Have you taken your young ones before?

Join JustParents to remove this advert

candgsmumcandgsmum
I wouldn't take George because he wouldn't sit through it without kicking off, so I think maybe waiting a little longer won't harm. xx

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
i agree. think hes a bit too young atm.

ive never been to a panto. would love to take the kids to one

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
I don't know what a panto is?? Shrug but I'm thinking I would agree with the others and guess that he may be restless through it and not want to sit for a long time....

Good luck with the decision, I hope you guys have a great time either way!!

GTTkelGTTkel
A panto is a tradition over here. Basically the local theatres put on performances for about a month over the christmas period. It is a famous story which they vary around the different theatres each year, for example: Snow White, Jack and the Beanstalk, Cinderella, Puss in Boots, Peter Pan, Aladdin etc etc. It is made into a musical and very loud and aimed at the children and including lots of audience interaction. They sometimes get kids to go up on stage, or they have things you have to shout out, you know "He's behind you" or "Oh no he didn't"..."Oh yes he did" etc. They normally have a couple of the main characters played by famous people from soap operas or kids programmes.
The one we're going to has 2 people from CBeebies in it!

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
thanks Kelly! That sounds great! I think I might have to change my mind and say that I think 2 1/2 would be an ok age for something like that.... especially with the audience participation he may not feel so restless. I would have taken Aaralyn to something like that at that age.

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
I have to say hun that i think i would take lolly to see a panto (she will be 3 in Jan) I think she would love the shouting and the singing etc. tbh i don't think she would get that restless? She tends to love things like that? However, every child is different and denis may not be quite as into singing and dancing as lolly is? I think you will know when he is ready for a panto trip hun! Hope you all enjoy it anyway hun, whether denis goes or not) i love panto's, if it didn't look so strange i would have gone on my own before i had kiddies! LOL Xx

eamesy88eamesy88
- My blog
A friend of mine suggested taking Crystal to Fifi and the flowertots live show but we decided against as i dont think she would sit through something like this at 2 and a half, but it wouldnt stop me sending her to nanny to go hehe Panto's are great

AlexAlex Moderator
We went last year with Joseph who was 4 and my nephews who were 3. This year we are going again (Peter Pan) and we are taking my other nephew who will be 3 in March, I hope he sits through it.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews