Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

omg could you imagine if your child did this

soupsoup
posted 9 years 1 month ago
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20081003/tod-uk-a...-zoo-b7e5c6f.html

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

so lucky he wasn't eaten himself

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
its a shame he didnt fall into the crocodile pit.

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Oh my god! Shocked What on earth would posess a 7yr old boy to do such a thing? There must be something else going on in his life that isn't right for him to behave in such a manner surely?

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
its quite scary really cause alot of serial killers start out by murdering/torturing defenceless animals. who knows eh?

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
I agree Stace, I was just gonna say, sounds like a serial killer in the making..... How does a 7 year old break into a zoo????? where TF were the parents/parent????? Bad!

glowingsunglowingsun
Nothing like a feeding day at the zoo, huh!. Kids tend to do seemingly awful things to animals. The media, though, likes to exaggerrate on details by using graphic words and throwing their own opinions into their stories.
It was a 7 year old boy, who was curious, and couldn't wait for feeding time at the zoo.
The boy should be punished by helpingout at the zoo to pay off all the lizards he fed to the alligator. Sueing is just an easier, but costlier (for both sides) solution.

soupsoup
there are so many factors about this story thats disturbing

Of course we don't know the whole story here but I have to still think that these actions were way beyond what a "normal" 7 year old boy should be doing.... I may be reading more into this like the media tends to do but I still have to agree with Mandy that there is more going on there than just a little 7 year old boy getting his kicks out of feeding an alligator some small animals.

I do agree with you that he should or his parents should have to pay off the zoo the financial cost for what he did but the parents should be held more accountable for the actions of their 7 year old boy. I'm going to google this story and see if I can find more of why a 7 year old was left alone to go off and break into a zoo all that time. Did he live near the zoo? was it day or night, must have been night if it was closed??? I still wonder where the hell the parents were while he did this?? Shrug

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
I soagree with you tammy! I mean the financial implications are way down my list in this story! I know many a seven yr old and not one of them would have even come close to dreaming up doing something like this? No He is obviously one very sad, mixed up kid.
In my experience (little though it is) kids tend to do BIG things when they need attention for something - like a cry for help? I so hope this is looked into a hell of a lot more than just suing the parents for the financial loses. I can't imagine what must have been going on in his little head to do such a thing?
As has been said this sort of behaviour can often lead to committing major crimes as an adult if it isn't nipped in the bud and he doesn't get the help NOW he obviously so desperately needs. let us know what you find out tammy! Xx

I would certainly hope that no 7 year old child would get their kicks out of bashing a lizard several times with a rock No

here's more on the story with footage as well, which I have not watched yet because Aaralyn is in the room with me....

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/10/03/aus...age.ap/index.html

glowingsunglowingsun
I have to ask the question, would've it been any different if it were chickens?

It wouldn't be any different to me Shrug a small boy torturing and killing animals is a small boy torturing and killing animals, no matter what kind of creature it is, it still bothers me immensely! And I still think it was beyond him just doing it purely for entertainment. I will watch the footage when I get the chance to and maybe will a differing opinion after that, but I doubt it No

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
I have to agree, to me it wouldn't matter if it was chickens, hamsters, rats, mice or any other creature. For a 7yr old boy to deliberately break into a zoo and beat any animal to death and then feed a crocodile with it's body is not natural and goes beyond what any normal lad would do to relieve himself of boredom. I am willing to be proved wrong,perhaps i have been sucked into a media frenzy? but i just don't think it is what a happy 'normal' lad would do for entertainment? Xx

AlexAlex Moderator
a very troubled young boy I think. He is lucky he didnt end up as croc food.

glowingsunglowingsun
I just think that he discovered what crocs and gators ate. Carnivores eat meat anyways. And people kill thousands or millions of chickens a day for our consumption. A seven year old doesn't have the skills to prepare meat properly. If any child were to be taken to farm and told to fetch and kill a chicken for supper he's not going to be very skilled about it. It would probably look quite inhumane.
I think the fact that the animals that he took are not our norm for food that people tend to go into this assumption that the kid was intentionally trying to torture animals. If you remove the medias opinions and saw the footage with your own mind in tact, then you will get a whole different picture.
i'm not saying it was good that the boy was feeding the croc like that, but that's really all he was trying to do. He may have gotten overly curious and wanted to see the insides of a lizard. Just like students do in high school lab dissections.
Just think what it must have been like when people had to hunt for food.
The zoo's even think it was just the boy being unsupervised and wanting to help feed the animals. kids at that age should be taught not to go over the rails or to climb into cages. I guess the parents forgot about that little rule.
Now it's going to be "Now this time, son, don't take the lizards and feed them to the crocadile. He might want to eat you instead."

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
im sorry but wtf are you going on about??? that boy knew exactly what he was doing. its not only the 'feeding time' crap you insist on calling its the fact that he violently killed an innocent creature whether it was a lizard, chicken or a blooming ant. its a creature. and im sorry but i think yr talking completely out of yr backside

that kid needs to be punished and i dont think they want him anywhere near the zoo to pay for what he did. and i agree with the others where were his parents in this?

RobRob Admin
- My blog
Just a friendly reminder to keep this thread to debate, and not personal attacks. No wrong done thus far, but I can see this getting quite heated and I don't want to have to close the thread Smile

As to a 7 year old feeding lizards to a croc, and 'bludgeoning them to death' - I don't think that's natural behaviour for any human, 7 years old or not. I was a very inquisitive child, and was especially interested in biology (even went to uni to study it). I've done dissections and also hunted (rabbits) for food, and I can honestly say I and nobody I've ever known would think it was ok to do what this child did.

I'm not convinced that cruelty to animals leads to a killer mindset in the majority of cases, and perhaps this child thought what they were doing wasn't bad, but in that case I'd have to question what sort of parenting he had received, and why the child went to the lengths of scaling fences to break into a zoo to do what he did.

glowingsunglowingsun
Thank you Rob for the reminder. I was feeling a little attacked there. Crying

Maybe I just misunderstood what exactly was really going on the that zoo with boy. I just like to becareful of what some reporters write.
Some parents (I have come aross some wacko parents myself) do teach their kids very sadistic things. Or perhaps he's not living a very good life at home and wanted extreme attention.
In a community in my town, their was a problem with yoiung kids breaking in to homes and torturing pets.

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
if yr refering to me hun i wasnt attacking anyone. if it felt like that, then i apologise

i just cannot believe you thought that was just 'curiosity' its down and out plain evil

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews