Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Jasmine had a riding accident :(

kristagkristag
posted 8 years 11 months ago
My goodness, how helpless I felt on Saturday Sad

Jasmine goes riding and loves it and is very good at it. She was on a new pony who was pretty fast and a bit of a devil when she was cantering around the menage and he decided at a corner to put his head right down. She lost her balance and came off. I rushed into the school as the teacher was running over to her thinking she'd just had a tumble that frightened her as she shouted for me. Unfortunately not Sad A very dislocated left elbow greeted me. She was going white from shock, bless her.

We sat her on a chair with a blanket and called the ambulance who arrived in about 5 minutes. They were really good and gas and air in the ambulance calmed her down and eased the pain. The hospital was excellent and after some more gas and air and calpol, they took her for x-rays and showed me the results. A definite dislocated elbow but no other damage.

She was taken to theatre to be put under to have it put back in and that was almost the most frightening bit for her. She nearly hyperventilated. Her dad was fantastic at calming her down whilst I was talking to the doctors. She's almost never ill and hardly has seen a doctor!

15 minutes later she was back in recovery. I wish we could have videoed it as she was acting like an old drunk and very, very funny Smile

She was discharged at 7.30pm after spending 8 1/2 hours in hospital and now has a sling.

Fortunately, she's not been put off riding Thumbs Up

Suffice to say, she's being pretty spoilt Hug

Join JustParents to remove this advert

soupsoup
awww bless

im glad she hasn't been put off riding

she sounds like she was very brave Thumbs Up

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
OMG!!! I'm so glad she's ok.... what a scare for you guys!! Shocked

I'm sorry she has to be in a sling but I'm glad she was a brave girl and isn't put off from riding again..... brave mum too!! Hug Hug

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Aww hun, how frightened you must have been! I'm glad she was ok though and hasn't been put off riding.Sounds like she was a very brave girl. Thumbs Up I dislocated my thumb once and it is very painful. I'm sure she will enjoy being spoilt for a while though! haha Xx

candgsmumcandgsmum
Oh poor lovey Scared Upset

That must have been extremely painful for her, she was very brave Yes

I've dislocated my ankle when I broke it, and I remember the pain still Shocked

Hug Hug It must have been really scarey at the time for you!! Glad she is OK now x

kristagkristag
Thanks ladies. Poor soul went for a check up today and the doctor moved her elbow around and it hurt her like hell Crying She cried her eyes out then they had to move it again for an x-ray Sad

She now has a half plaster on it and was very down for a while as she was scared the plaster would hurt too and of the exercises she will have to do when that comes off (thinking a bit too far ahead I told her).

She picked up after a couple of doses of pain killer but I feel so sad for her Sad Wish I could take her pain away...

You should have seen me sprint on Saturday though through deep sand - that was some vision at 37 weeks!! Scared

AlexAlex Moderator
Oh gosh, how scary for you both.

Glad she is ok and the elbow will soon mend.

I know what you mean when they are coming round, Joseph was really funny and wouldnt lie down he wanted to sit up

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
omg hun. how scary for you and jasmine. hope the recovery isquick and thats a good thing thats its not put her off riding x

jo-jojo-jo
Hug Hug here are a few hug's for the both of you!!!I hope Jasmin is recovering quickly,i dont know how you stayed calm hun? i probably would have passed out from the fright (or gone into labour LOL) Scared

WolfblassWolfblass
Awwwwwww huge hugs for Jasmine!! (how scared you must of been though)

Really hope this does not put her off riding! xxxxx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews